The Student Room Group

EY Assessment Centre 2016

I have been invited for a late assessment centre for Audit for 2016 entry, does anybody have experience of EY assessment centres and the processes and tasks/interview? Telephone interview was more relaxed than I expected it to be :smile: Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Congratulations!

The process is exactly as described on the EY site so you shouldn't come up against any surprises: the day will start with a introduction to EY and a chance to network with a few people from different areas of the business. I found it to be a great opportunity to ask them any genuine questions about the roles or service line that you have not yet had answered! You will then have a written exercise, a group exercise and (if it's scheduled for the same day) a partner interview.

These are in no particular order, so don't be surprised if you have your interview / presentation first and the other tasks after or vice versa. There is nothing you need to do to prepare for the written exercise or group exercise - just be yourself, be engaged with your peer group and the assessors, use the information you have available and, most of all, enjoy it - it really shines through when you do!

For the partner interview, I would just advise that you know your presentation well enough to answer any questions they may have on it and, most importantly, pick a topic you are actually genuinely excited to talk about! Beyond that, normal interview rules apply so don't stress, just be yourself and treat it as an opportunity to get to know more about the business, service line and the personal journey of the person who is interviewing you.

My assessment centre was the most enjoyable interview / recruitment experience of my career (I have a few years work experience) so do make the most of it and let your personality shine through! This is as much a chance to find out if EY is the place for you, as it is for them to find out if you're the right person for the company :smile:
Original post by crazycoconut
Congratulations!

The process is exactly as described on the EY site so you shouldn't come up against any surprises: the day will start with a introduction to EY and a chance to network with a few people from different areas of the business. I found it to be a great opportunity to ask them any genuine questions about the roles or service line that you have not yet had answered! You will then have a written exercise, a group exercise and (if it's scheduled for the same day) a partner interview.

These are in no particular order, so don't be surprised if you have your interview / presentation first and the other tasks after or vice versa. There is nothing you need to do to prepare for the written exercise or group exercise - just be yourself, be engaged with your peer group and the assessors, use the information you have available and, most of all, enjoy it - it really shines through when you do!

For the partner interview, I would just advise that you know your presentation well enough to answer any questions they may have on it and, most importantly, pick a topic you are actually genuinely excited to talk about! Beyond that, normal interview rules apply so don't stress, just be yourself and treat it as an opportunity to get to know more about the business, service line and the personal journey of the person who is interviewing you.

My assessment centre was the most enjoyable interview / recruitment experience of my career (I have a few years work experience) so do make the most of it and let your personality shine through! This is as much a chance to find out if EY is the place for you, as it is for them to find out if you're the right person for the company :smile:

Thank you :smile: the impression I got from the website and telephone interview was that it was relaxed and more about personality and skills than anything else. With the presentation, did they give prep time and materials? Did you have a partner interview on the same day? Did you need a calculator for the paper-based assessments? Did you take a copy of your CV? Sorry lots of questions!
Reply 3
Original post by AMadScientistUK
Thank you :smile: the impression I got from the website and telephone interview was that it was relaxed and more about personality and skills than anything else. With the presentation, did they give prep time and materials? Did you have a partner interview on the same day? Did you need a calculator for the paper-based assessments? Did you take a copy of your CV? Sorry lots of questions!

The presentation is about an idea that contributes to making a better working world, you don't get any prep materials or anything, it is just about your own thoughts and ideas.

Partner interview will most likely be on the same day, unless the partner that has been assigned to conduct your interview is busy on the day and they postpone it for another day.

There are no paper-based assessments, you won't need to calculate anything. No CV copy needed.

Hello! Apologies for the delayed response. I agree, the focus at the assessment centre (and throughout the entire recruitment process) has been more on personality and the skills we possess than having any technical knowledge (you're not really expected to!). This being said, do make sure you have a decent understanding of what your chosen service line does and why you have chosen it / EY / office location.

With regards to the presentation, you will get all the info you need before your partner interview / assessment centre. I won't go into detail but KTS89 description is accurate. My tip would be to pick something you understand well and are enthusiastic about :smile:

You will not need a calculator, any materials required will be provided. I took a copy of my CV in as I have a few years work experience, and out of habit really, but it was by no means a requirement.

Best of luck, let us know how you get on! When is your assessment centre scheduled for?
Hello! Apologies for the delayed response. I agree, the focus at the assessment centre (and throughout the entire recruitment process) has been more on personality and the skills we possess than having any technical knowledge (you're not really expected to!). This being said, do make sure you have a decent understanding of what your chosen service line does and why you have chosen it / EY / office location.

With regards to the presentation, you will get all the info you need before your partner interview / assessment centre. I won't go into detail but KTS89 description is accurate. My tip would be to pick something you understand well and are enthusiastic about :smile:

You will not need a calculator, any materials required will be provided. I took a copy of my CV in as I have a few years work experience, and out of habit really, but it was by no means a requirement.

Best of luck, let us know how you get on! When is your assessment centre scheduled for?

Thank you! :smile:

I'm awaiting the date, though the word on the grapevine is that it will be at the end of July, all I know is that Lauren will be in touch soon.... Watch this space!
Original post by KTS89
The presentation is about an idea that contributes to making a better working world, you don't get any prep materials or anything, it is just about your own thoughts and ideas.

Partner interview will most likely be on the same day, unless the partner that has been assigned to conduct your interview is busy on the day and they postpone it for another day.

There are no paper-based assessments, you won't need to calculate anything. No CV copy needed.

Thank you very much :smile:
Thank you! :smile:

I'm awaiting the date, though the word on the grapevine is that it will be at the end of July, all I know is that Lauren will be in touch soon.... Watch this space!

Best of luck, keep us posted with how it goes! Will keep my fingers crossed for you :smile:
Reply 8
I have been invited for a late assessment centre for Audit for 2016 entry, does anybody have experience of EY assessment centres and the processes and tasks/interview? Telephone interview was more relaxed than I expected it to be :smile: Thanks!

Hey, I have my telephone interview on Thursday for the same scheme, any advice you could give? I imagine we could be at the same AC if I pass, can't be many left.
Original post by Algren
Hey, I have my telephone interview on Thursday for the same scheme, any advice you could give? I imagine we could be at the same AC if I pass, can't be many left.

Honestly the main things I would say are be enthusiastic and confident, and know about EY and the service line. The telephone interviewer was quite friendly and it went by quickly. Their own website guide is really good: http://www.ey.com/Publication/vwLUAssets/Careers-Interview-Guide/$FILE/Careers-Interview-Guide.pdf

Good luck! :smile:
Best of luck, keep us posted with how it goes! Will keep my fingers crossed for you :smile:

:smile: Thanks!
Reply 11
Small bump!

Has anyone else been to the EY assessment centre this year and have some feedback at all?
Original post by Ziri
Small bump!

Has anyone else been to the EY assessment centre this year and have some feedback at all?

I haven't seen much for what to expect this year. Do you have an assessment centre coming up?
Does anyone have tips for the EY Assessment Centre in Bristol?
Reply 14
I am going to assessment centre in Leeds, this month. As far as i know we will have group and written exercise. Does anyone know will we retake all tests again?
Thank you, N
Original post by Nina2017
I am going to assessment centre in Leeds, this month. As far as i know we will have group and written exercise. Does anyone know will we retake all tests again?
Thank you, N

No, you don't retake the assessments
Original post by Nina2017
Thank you, N

Hey Nina, I have been asked to attend an AC in Leeds towards the end of this week for Assurance. The structure seems to be the same as the one you said you know about but I would be extremely grateful if you could tell me more about how the day was. Thank you in advance!
Hi all,

I have the EY assessment centre in London for assurance next week, does anyone who has had any previous experience with EY asssessment centre have any recent tips for me? I read the website and apparently, it contains a written exercise in which you require a calculator, group exercise and individual exercise with maybe a colleague lunch in between.

Many Thanks
Hi there, what kind of questions did you get asked in the telephone interview for graduate EY Assurance?Your response would be very helpful.Thank You
Original post by cricketplyr
Hi all,

I have the EY assessment centre in London for assurance next week, does anyone who has had any previous experience with EY asssessment centre have any recent tips for me? I read the website and apparently, it contains a written exercise in which you require a calculator, group exercise and individual exercise with maybe a colleague lunch in between.

Many Thanks

Hi there,

What questions did you get asked in the telephone interview for assurance at EY. Your response would be very helpful.

Thank You

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending