The Student Room Group

NEED HELP with letter for Academic appeal for failing my last year due to depression

So I've failed my last year of uni studying chemical engineering due to chronic depression and i'm appealing the results so I can resit the year with help from a letter from my GP saying I was referred to a therapist for cbt and given anti-depressants.I'm writing a letter now, would it be possible for someone to check it and see if it would suffice?

Also is there anything else I should to add to give me a better chance of being accepted?

Any help would be appreciated thanks!
Original post by justdateriguy
So I've failed my last year of uni studying chemical engineering due to chronic depression and i'm appealing the results so I can resit the year with help from a letter from my GP saying I was referred to a therapist for cbt and given anti-depressants.I'm writing a letter now, would it be possible for someone to check it and see if it would suffice?

Also is there anything else I should to add to give me a better chance of being accepted?

Any help would be appreciated thanks!

I've moved your thread to the University life forum where hopefully you'll get better answers.

In the meantime, is there an academic handbook or something you could consult, that might explain the procedure, etc? It might even have specific guidelines for cases similar to yours, as depression and related issues are quite common at university (but it also might not so don't hold me to it).
Original post by Smack
I've moved your thread to the University life forum where hopefully you'll get better answers.

In the meantime, is there an academic handbook or something you could consult, that might explain the procedure, etc? It might even have specific guidelines for cases similar to yours, as depression and related issues are quite common at university (but it also might not so don't hold me to it).

I've found an academic appeals form which asks to attach a letter explaining my circumstances however i'm unsure whether i've clearly explained myself to the point i'll get accepted.

I may just be overthinking everything tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending