The Student Room Group

Doctoral Research: Have you experienced an arranged marriage and want to talk?

Dear All, I need your help! I am currently doing a Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology. I am in the process of undertaking some research. My research is a qualitative exploration of South Asian women’s choice and their premarital experiences of an arranged marriage. I am looking for women from a South Asian community (Bengali, Pakistani, Indian, Sri Lankan or others) who are over the age of 18 years old. You would of have had or in an arranged marriage. If you are interested, then participants are invited to take part in a individual interview of approximately one hour plus 15 mins to go through the information/debriefing. The interview will take place at a convenient location. The interview will consists of open questions which aims to explore their pre-marital experience and their involvement in making a choice towards their marriage. All interviews are confidential and anonymous. I am happy to reimburse up to £20 of your travel. Why? Research is very important as it helps to inform our practice (counselling). Hopefully this research will shed more light into South Asian females’ experiences of arranged marriages. As well as inform appropriate service provisions for those within these marriages. It will challenge some bias/prejudices people have about arranged marriages. Furthermore, this research will provide more understanding into what is an arranged marriage and what is a forced marriage. If you’re interested or would like to know more, then please message me on Facebook or email me at *********** Greater awareness bring greater change!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending