Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Criminal Psychologist

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    So I'm thinking I want to go into criminal psychology but unsure of what uni course to do. A joint Psychology and Criminology or Forensic Psychology or what? Any help muchly appreciated

    What exactly do you mean by Criminal Psychologist? Criminology and Psychology are different degrees and (in terms of forensic/criminal/offender careers) lead to different jobs.

    Do you have an idea of where you would like to work and what type of role you might like to have?

    Oh God I would have loved to do that and in fact I looked into it for a while but instead I am applying to medicine instead. I wanted a better balance of mind and body and I was worried that too much psychology might mess me up.

    I think that is called Forensic Psychology. You see them all the time on real crime programmes on TV. If you fancy working with serial killers, then that must be quite a thrill. When I looked at it I thought the Kingston course (http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergradu...ic-psychology/) looked quite good. Convenient for me because I live in that neck of the wood but also well set out.
    • Thread Starter

    I mean looking at why people commit crimes, assessing people who have committed them. That kinda stuff

    Posted from TSR Mobile
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.