Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anxiety Issues

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I'm in my late 20s and sometimes I feel overwhelmed with anxiety issues. I thought by now I would have a high paid job, husband, family but these things are proving elusive add to that I don't feel as attractive anymore the whole thing is just embarassing! I feel like I'm trying to make steps to improve the situation but I almost feel cursed at this point. Any advise, things you do would be helpful. Thanks so much.

If you feel like you'd feel better talking to someone, there's loads of communities online (including this one) that have people going through the same thing, so don't feel alone! If you feel it's bad enough, you could also see a doctor about being referred to see someone. That could also help. I think we all end up with views on what our lives will be like, but I think hardly any actually work out that way. Heck, I'm about to turn 19 and I'm already way off track to how I thought my future was going to play out. I think it's all for the best though. As long as you're not unhappy with what you have, it's fine. There's nothing wrong with things being different to what we expected. If you are unhappy, there are changes you can make. If you'd like to meet someone, try getting out a little more socially. Maybe joining a fitness class or a club of some kind. You could even consider retraining to take a different career path, or even going back into education if you'd like to study to a higher level. There are so many things you can do if you want to make a change, so it's worth having a quick look into things if you're interested Don't worry too much about plans for the future. We can't control what is going to happen to us (as much as we'd like to be able to!)

I hope you feel better soon!

CBT/Benzodiazapine/Beta blockers all work albeit the first one if you dont want to be medicated )
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.