The Student Room Group

Robot wars is BACK!

Who's excited for the return of robot wars? (no date announced, BBC have been playing adverts saying 'coming soon')

There's going to be 6 episodes. It will be presented by Dara O Briain and Angela Scanlon. All the original house robots are improved, heavier and faster.

I'm excited and I definitely loved the old series but I think I was around 5 when it was on and I watched it, so I don't remember a lot!

Scroll to see replies

Robot Wars was awesome before!!
I'm gonna have to see what this one is like now :biggrin:
Good I hope!

What was your favourite robot from before? (Not including house robots)
Apparently Refbot isn't gonna be there though💔
Reply 3
Reply 4
It's airing late this month iirc!
Original post by FireFreezer77
Robot Wars was awesome before!!
I'm gonna have to see what this one is like now :biggrin:
Good I hope!

I always liked Diotor because it looked like a ladybird
Original post by epage
I always liked Diotor because it looked like a ladybird

Haha fair enough. They always caught fire though.
I liked Gravity. They were awesome! I was gutted they went out!
I remember watching it when I was a kid.

Very disappointed that Craig Charles is not presenting it this time.
Does it have that black scouser guy who hosted it? He was ****ing awesome.
Does anyone remember that BBC3 show with fictional creature cgi things that would fight each other? There was a lava one I recall but that's it :frown: Every 6 months or so I have vague memories of it and it bugs me.

Bamzooki was another show that was awesome :biggrin: I wasted many hours making creatures on there as a child, pretty impressive really considering it was 10 years ago.
Robot wars :woo: where's AJ at? this is like his fav show lol
Excited is an understatement. The teaser trailers are terrible, but they give some glimpse of the robots/teams that have entered the reboot. :yes:

I've always loved axe bots, even if they're not the most effective these days, so I'll be cheering for Thor.

Don't know much about Sabertooth, but I spy Terror Turtle in the arena. They aren't going to last 5 minutes. :rofl:

Storm 2 with a flywheel. :coma: The new look Eruption. :coma:

Behemoth and Nuts :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma:
And if you can't wait for Robot Wars, the second series of the rebooted BattleBots is currently airing in the USA. Many of the battles are available on the official ABC or Battlebots Youtube channels, and so far they've set the bar really high. Shows what today's technology is capable of!

...I'll stop the video spam now. :colondollar:
I remember this as a kid. Nostalgia.

Having to pick only one is difficult. :frown: But since I do love axe bots, possibly Dominator 2.

Original post by coucouChar1997
Apparently Refbot isn't gonna be there though💔

I was disappointed when I heard this too. Hopefully they'll have some other way of counting robots out, as that was the best thing Refbot brought to the show in my opinion. In earlier series, we just had to trust JP when he said a robot had been immobilized too long. :s:

Haha fair enough. They always caught fire though.
I liked Gravity. They were awesome! I was gutted they went out!

The Gravity team failed to qualify for the new series. :frown:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Having to pick only one is difficult. :frown: But since I do love axe bots, possibly Dominator 2.

I was disappointed when I heard this too. Hopefully they'll have some other way of counting robots out, as that was the best thing Refbot brought to the show in my opinion. In earlier series, we just had to trust JP when he said a robot had been immobilized too long. :s:

The Gravity team failed to qualify for the new series. :frown:

Dominator 2 is a good choice! I had a toy model of that one actually!

Whaaaaaat!!!! No Refbot!! What is this madness??!!

Yeah I read about that earlier! Gutted! They still have the record for the quickest ever battle though :biggrin: 6 seconds I believe it was!
Can't wait for Robot Wars redux.

I remember Hypno Disc being my favourite; it was offensively powerful but could be vulnerable defensively on occasions. It did make for some pretty exciting fights because of this. I still remember when it totally shredding other robots apart. Other teams did suss it out though; those like Behemoth & Tornado had too much amour to get destroyed by the disk.
The best series of robot wars was when the winning robot was a road sign on wheels built by a group of high school nerd kids. The more sophisticated robot engineers were absolutely seething.
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Does anyone remember that BBC3 show with fictional creature cgi things that would fight each other? There was a lava one I recall but that's it :frown: Every 6 months or so I have vague memories of it and it bugs me.

Bamzooki was another show that was awesome :biggrin: I wasted many hours making creatures on there as a child, pretty impressive really considering it was 10 years ago.

I read the first paragraph of that post and thought you were talking about Bamzooki.

Then I read the other paragraph.
Original post by G8D
Is Chaos 2 coming back?

No, the team have confirmed they're not entering a robot. Chaos 2 itself has been more or less retired since the Robot Wars Extreme 2, when its chassis got wrecked by Mr. Psycho. Even before that it was starting to show its age - I doubt many of the flippers from back then could compete with the new generation of robots. :no:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending