The Student Room Group

Personal Statement for Poltics and Economics

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alevelssuck_
Okay so I know I 100% want to do Politics and Economics at uni. But I'm not 100% sure what to write in my personal statement.. Like my school has been doing presentations and saying all the generic stuff but when I read other peoples statements its as if I'm reading William Wordsworths private diary... For experience/showing commitment to what I want to study I have done things such as one week of work experience in a RBS bank (law/finance), I have taken part in a day hosted by "The economist" people were we took part in various debates and policies to fix certain problems and also went to a debate about ISIS... I may be being vague... But please help! Much appreciated xxxx

Try using the PS builder (linked in my PS). *

There is also Economics guidance here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Advice_for_People_Writing_their_Economics_Personal_Statements
It really is up to you to think about the experiences you've had, consider what you have learnt and how you can apply this to your degree. If you are unsure whether you have learnt anything you maybe need to think about getting some more work experience. I would recommend working through the PS builder and trying to get a rough draft down so that you have something to work with an improve.
Original post by Charlotte49
Try using the PS builder (linked in my PS). *

There is also Economics guidance here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Advice_for_People_Writing_their_Economics_Personal_Statements
It really is up to you to think about the experiences you've had, consider what you have learnt and how you can apply this to your degree. If you are unsure whether you have learnt anything you maybe need to think about getting some more work experience. I would recommend working through the PS builder and trying to get a rough draft down so that you have something to work with an improve.

Thank you so much x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending