The Student Room Group

Why can't I send a link to uni site to prove not NHS funded

My finance application has come up as a NHS funded course which it isn't as the NHS wouldn't fund the foundation year.

I spoke to UWE and they said they'd update SFE but said it never seems to be taken on board.

As I'm seeing it at the mo I'm going to be starting my course on the bread lines because SFE can't look at a web site, or won't let me send a copy as evidence it's setting people up to fail when there is clear proof freely available but the system slowed down by red tape
Original post by Johnstrangey
My finance application has come up as a NHS funded course which it isn't as the NHS wouldn't fund the foundation year.

I spoke to UWE and they said they'd update SFE but said it never seems to be taken on board.

As I'm seeing it at the mo I'm going to be starting my course on the bread lines because SFE can't look at a web site, or won't let me send a copy as evidence it's setting people up to fail when there is clear proof freely available but the system slowed down by red tape

This is because SFE can't deal with courses where the funding changes at different years and because UWE haven't set the course up as a separate course (they should have two versions of the course + foundation yr: a non-NHS version of the course with foundation which they start you on so your foundation yr is SFE funded and when you progress to yr 1 transfer you from that 3+1 course to the NHS funded version of the 3+1 course to get NHS funding for the remainder of your course).

Who did you speak to at UWE: http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/about/departmentsandservices/professionalservices/academicservices/studentrecordsandassessment.aspx would be the team to talk to about this to ask if they can liaise directly with SFE

It is also worth tapping in to http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/students/feesandfunding/moneyadviceandfundsservice.aspx to see if they can help reassure you that they can help you get hardship funds or support if there's a problem with getting your funding from SFE

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending