The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

After an hour or so - Sit rep:

Charmander caught
Nothing for miles
Still bloody LV1 because of it
Gyms - 3 visible - 2 red, 1 blue
Anyone else struggling with the 'GPS not found' error? :colonhash:

When it works this game is amazing. However, when it doesn't - which for me feels like most of the time - it's annoying beyond all means.
Caught bulbosaur in my room. Then I realised I needed to walk out of my house for this. Quit :tongue:
Reply 423
I stand tall because I know I am the winner, Pokemon! Pokemon! GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL!

Got the app :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Everglow
Anyone else struggling with the 'GPS not found' error? :colonhash:

When it works this game is amazing. However, when it doesn't - which for me feels like most of the time - it's annoying beyond all means.

This game keeps crashing for me.
Loads of problems with the servers today. To be expected I guess with the game releasing. Didn't have too many problems earlier today, but after around 5pm the game was struggling to even sign in.

Still, I ventured into my town's centre for the first time. Saw loads of people playing, loads of lures being put down. So I spent my day wandering between Pokestops and gyms, with a couple of pub stops in between :lol: Managed to level up a couple of levels. I'm now level 11.

Although, I thought I understood how the gyms worked. But I visited a few that were controlled by yellow (my team) and wasn't able to leave a Pokemon there. Do I have to battle it and build it's prestige to say, level 3, before I can leave a 3rd Pokemon there? As before now I thought the gym's level increased with each Pokemon that was left, but now i'm not sure :dontknow:
Original post by Impressive

Thunderbird (Zapdos) is GO
Never really done any Pokemon stuff before but I downloaded this since it's just THAT popular.

Managed to sign in using Google but it crashed just as it looked like it was getting somewhere; reopened, now it's stuck on the loading screen with about 75% left to go, and it hasn't gone up and just comes up with errors. It's also taken about 15% of my battery up already.
Reply 429
This game is incredible, reminds me of when i was younger!
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Q1) What does the random grass thing that pops up on your map mean?

Q2) When I click on the pokemon in my nearby area (the grey shadow ones) I see some feet thing on it ... what
do they represent as I bleeming spent ages trying to find any and gave up.

I want a Jigglypuff and a Eeve that would bloody evolve into a flareon. :heart: got the stupid water Eeve. :mad:
+ a Charizard (if that's not too much to ask. :puppyeyes: )

Dunno about 1. But 2 for two I know that if you see one footstep it means you're far from it, two means you're getting closer and three means you're pretty close to it. Those footsteps help you find your way towards a pokemon.

Original post by GothicShield
Im only level 5 : (

I got a few pdgeys, zubats, a golbat, charmander, jynx, couple drowzees, krabby, jigglypuff, couple gastlys, and a weedle....

I see these gyms everyones got high level pokemon and their cp are high, i dont think i can catch up.

A lot of pokestops in London

Also one incubator wtf!

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is basically me. :cry2: I don't think I'd be confident enough to battle anyone.

Central London has a pokestop at almost every turn! It's sick.
I've picked Squirtle ... when I used to play the old Game Boy cartridge in 98 I was always a Squirtle kid!

My app seems to have trouble loading - GPS signal not found, could not find player data and so on.
The aliens are laughing at us as a society hahahaha
Reply 433
Was at a shopping centre this evening, tried playing a bit but the internet was playing up. Also felt awkward wandering about trying to catch flipping Rattata's.
Reply 434
Original post by undercxver
Dunno about 1. But 2 for two I know that if you see one footstep it means you're far from it, two means you're getting closer and three means you're pretty close to it. Those footsteps help you find your way towards a pokemon.

This is basically me. :cry2: I don't think I'd be confident enough to battle anyone.

Central London has a pokestop at almost every turn! It's sick.

Ummmm I think you have the footsteps wrong...
http://serebii.net/pokemongo/capture.shtml
Original post by Impressive

:zomg: You got a zapdos? Damn how did you manage that
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Aph
Ummmm I think you have the footsteps wrong...
http://serebii.net/pokemongo/capture.shtml

Whoops, thanks for pointing that out. 👀

@XxKingSniprxX see quote. :K:
Woo just caught a drowzee in the dustbin lol :lol: with 44cp, strongest pokémon I have so far.
In total I have caught 6 pokémon so far, plus I reached level 3. All within my house haven't even left my house, not even once lol. :proud:
I have 28 so far:tongue:
I didn't think about sunscreen so now I have red arms so I guess I'll have to take a day off from the hunting :biggrin: thankfully it's just barely not bad enough that it would peel so it should turn into a tan

Quick Reply

Latest