The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rayquaza17
My 10km egg is on 7.5/10. Hope it's something decent!

Original post by jakesidhu
Im on 8.3/10, getting close now

Good luck 😄
Original post by 34908seikj
It's better to save up the stardust and not use any; just mass evolve with a magic egg to level up quickly.

Once you hit level ~20 then start to level them up. Since the higher level you are the high CP pokemon you tend to catch, therefore those higher CP pokemon you caught will make your *****y level 10 powered up Pokemon which you spent all your stardust on redundant.

I see

Resisting powering up my lovelies is tough.
My 10km egg is on 7.5/10. Hope it's something decent!

My 5km egg was a ****ing weedol :mad:
Naming pokemon is my favourite part of this game
image.png
How do I get berries & how do I get more of them? If I run out do I get them at pokestops or?

I'm lvl7 btw. I lost a Eeeve because of not having berries. :cry2:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
How do I get berries & how do I get more of them? If I run out do I get them at pokestops or?

I'm lvl7 btw. I lost a Eeeve because of not having berries. :cry2:

You get the first lot when you level up (7 or 8?) and then once you have some they start dropping from pokestops every 3-5 spins

I'm not convinced they make much difference personally. The stroppy ones wont be caught even with berries.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PQ
You get the first lot when you level up (7 or 8?) and then once you have some they start dropping from pokestops every 3-5 spins

I'm not convinced they make much difference personally. The stroppy ones wont be caught even with berries.

Have you unlocked great balls?
Ugh, had a bit of a mixed day today.

Found an 1125 Electabuzz near my grandparents' house, which was fantastic. Then met up with some fellow Pokemon Goers and we noticed a lure nearby so we stopped there. During the last 5 minutes of the lure both a Charmander and a Gengar appeared and BOTH ran away immediately. Absolutely devastated :frown:.
There's an Electabuzz showing up on the nearby screen, but I've spent the last four hours in the gym and I don't have the will to go and find it :frown:
I went out for the first time today since I downloaded Pokemon Go. I was going with my dad to Sainsbury's for grocery shopping. I caught 16 Pokemon by the time I got home :yeah:. I evolved the Pidgey with the highest CP to Pidgeotto, now Pidgeotto CP is 80. The rarest Pokemon I caught was Ghastly and Poliwag. I saw a Pidgeot when my dad parked outside Sainsbury's :zomg: ! I wasted a lot of Poke balls trying to get it, then ran eventually. There was a few Poke stops and 2 Pokemon gyms on the way to Sainsbury's.

Overall, a great experience for my first time out with Pokemon Go :proud:.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Literally sprinted out my friends house to go find it, I didn't. It ended up despawning, I just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry...

They really need to fix the ****ing tracker bug.
Have you unlocked great balls?

how do you unlock great and ultra balls?

I'm lvl7 atm. only play the game when I'm omw 2 a actual :dumbells: gym and back. :lol:

I'm lvl7 atm. only play the game when I'm omw 2 a actual :dumbells: gym and back. :lol:

It might be level 15 you unlock great and possibly 20 for ultra. I'm only 18 atm.

I'm so lucky there's 4 gyms in a 10 minute walk for me!
Well I went out, after two minutes the Electabuzz despawned :frown:

Still, caught an Eevee and hatched three 5km eggs - Cubone, Ponyta and Meowth.
Well guys, I am getting a new phone for my B-Day this year and will finally get something which can play Pokemon Go on! =D

Will either be an Iphone 5s or an Iphone 6 (parents have said pending on price obviously).
Any hints or tips for me? =l
Birthday is in a little over a month but, I will probably get it early.

It might be level 15 you unlock great and possibly 20 for ultra. I'm only 18 atm.

I'm so lucky there's 4 gyms in a 10 minute walk for me!

Great balls are unlocked at level 12 and ultra balls are unlocked at level 20. Apparently there are master balls in the code for the game, but nobody has found them yet. They may only be used for legendaries, it's still not known.
anyone got pikachu? :ninja:
Original post by Gora The Xplorer

I'm yet to even see one :frown:
Original post by Gora The Xplorer

2km egg :awesome:
Does it matter which team you join? Because I'm level 4 after going out for the first time today with Pokemon Go. So I'll have to pick at the next level.

Quick Reply

Latest