The Student Room Group

What would you do with £100,000?

Scroll to see replies

Buy a house.
Reply 41
I would troll the fu*k out of pound land...
I'd get an LanEvo 6 TME. Nice to see someone interested in the JDM culture! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Buy a newer car
go on holiday
buy a classic mini
go on holiday
save the rest towards a house
I would...

Use £5,000 to pay for my wedding.
and I have a right to buy scheme on my flat so at the end of next year I can buy it so i would put £45,000 towards a mortgage or buy my nans house because it is amazing.

Put £50,000 in to a savings account for my future :smile:
Spend it
Use half of it to put a deposit down on a house, then rent it out and move to Bali.
Reply 47
Have a penis enlargement
:colone:
Reply 48
Original post by A-LJLB
Range Rover
Range Rover
Range Rover

Yes, I suppose I am materialistic. But I'd never put material possessions above my friends/family and helping others.

My grandparents are renewing their vowels, so I'd also send them away to Rome :smile:

Renewing their VOWELS!!!!?
Original post by M14B
Renewing their VOWELS!!!!?

Hahahaha Vows* :wink:
spend it all in harrods
Original post by M14B
Have a penis enlargement
:colone:

Got mine for free during puberty
Who else was hoping this would be a £100,000 giveaway? :biggrin:
Original post by Pickles
It's a hard one, but first thing's first I'd go on holiday..
Then a house deposit comes close second...
Probably buy a dog (golden retriever)
Finally, buy a car...

*Out of money*

Probably go on holiday for a few weeks
Then ring fence about half of it to pay for medicine course
Quarter of that can go into investment
The last quarter put in a high interest ISA to go towards me finally getting a house one day
Invest it into education, social work, learning new languages, traveling, alot of things I can count on :smile:
I'd pay off my brothers and I's student loans (45k gone), keep 15-20k to spend on guitars when the time was right, the rest would go into a high interest account to keep as a house deposit. The guitars won't lose much of their value and I'll be debt free with a 45k house deposit (already have 10k saved).
Original post by Mr. Petrol Head
Invest it into education, social work, learning new languages, traveling, alot of things I can count on :smile:

I understand doing a holiday but honestly you can learn languages from your bed if you have an internet connection, lack of money isn't what's stopping you. It's a lovely idea and I would love to do the same though!

Unfortunately 100k is not remotely enough to be the amount you'd need to have it as a nest egg and spend a large enough chunk of your life living in different countries (the only method of language learning which requires significant financial input) for long enough to learn the language. Considering the impact it would have on your life to take that much time out so young... To those who will say it only takes 6 months of full immersion to learn a language I challenge you to find me one person who doesn't have a gift for languages who spent under a year in a country and can actually fluently speak a language.

Like I said I'd love to do it myself but you couldn't justify taking that much time out of your life to travel and learning multiple languages etc. Investing in education is a very romantic idea but education for education's sake doth butter no parsnips
Keep about £15k for my own pleasure, invest about £25k into an starting a business or developing a mobile app, and deposit the remaining £60k into a savings account/put down a deposit for a house or flat.

Although to be honest, I'd probably keep a bit more than £15k for my own pleasure :smile:
Original post by Pickles
It's a hard one, but first thing's first I'd go on holiday..
Then a house deposit comes close second...
Probably buy a dog (golden retriever)
Finally, buy a car...

*Out of money*

Since I am only 15, I'd say a second-hand lambo, rest on travelling/investments (not shares mind)
Uni sorority in America

Quick Reply

Latest