Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Studying OU and being abroad

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter


    As a UK citizen I would like to partake in an OU degree from England, however I would also like to be in another country at the same time and I can come back to England to do the exams. I have heard that if I do my England based degree in another country, I would have problems completing the degree meaning I would end up with nothing.

    Any help on this matter??



    This describes the process for those living abroad. As you'll be able to return to England for exams, there's not much of a problem for you, aside from a lack of in-person tutorials. Courses with mandatory residentials may be out, as well, depending on your availability.

    If you go to openuniversity.edu (instead of openuniversity.ac.uk) you'll be able to put in the country you'll be living in, and view courses that are applicable.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.