Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Brick uni to Open uni

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hi guys,

    Need some help if possible please. I have nearly finished my first year of Clinical Exercise Science at Bmth Uni (although I had to delay my exams because my dad got ill) and I think I am going to really struggle over the next teo years to cope with attending uni, looking after my 3 yr old daughter and my dads business as he is now too sick to look after it himself. Does anyone know if there is any way of swapping from a brick uni to a similar course with the open uni? If I could study at home and at my own pace I think I would be much better off. Any help anyone can give me would be fab. Much appreciated!!

    The OU does a degree in Sport, Fitness and Coaching, that might suit you? It is possible to transfer into the OU so you wouldn't need to redo the first year, but you need to speak to the OU advisers and ask whether your current uni modules match. Look here: http://www.open.ac.uk/study/credit-transfer/
    • Thread Starter

    Thanks, appreciate that 👍🏻
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.