The Student Room Group

Do people who walk slowly irritate you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by S1939
Is that why you voted leave?

Yes totally because all our tourists come from the EU and nothing tangibly exists outside Europe.
Original post by Pulse.
Yes totally because all our tourists come from the EU and nothing tangibly exists outside Europe.

Just so you know it's actually correct to stand on the right hand side and allow faster travel on the left. So saying they should walk on the left is actually wrong...
Yes especially when I'm walking home from college. There is always a group of people in front of me who walk so slow that the people behind me are complaining about how slow I am
Yes, especially when I'm in rush going to and from places and I'm running late for a train, bus etc.

Oh and when I'm hungry and trying to find a mcdoanlds I go on a rage and people who walk slowly. . Well...they know they shouldn't 😂😂😂😂😂😉😉😉
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by Kieran1996
Just so you know it's actually correct to stand on the right hand side and allow faster travel on the left. So saying they should walk on the left is actually wrong...

Point is people who obstruct everything behind them rather than in an orderly manner irritate me.
Original post by Pulse.
Point is people who obstruct everything behind them rather than in an orderly manner irritate me.

I agree.

The worst are the ones who suddenly lose all common sense and just stop where they are, look around confused, do all this for about 30 seconds and then try to come back the opposite way
Original post by PugDevil
Right, so I just went on my lunch break and I wanted to go to Tesco to get some bits and bobs, but people were walking SO slowly!

It may be just because I'm impatient when I need to get somewhere, but I am just curious as to whether anyone else understands my pain.

Feel free to share experiences below :u:

If they don't have a reason to be walking slowly then yes. The worst ones are the two friends chatting and walking really slowly together blocking everyone. Or the plodders who also zig zag so you can't get past them.
I'm a slow walker... :redface:

Sorry everyone :lol: this thread is just hating on slow walkers and I'm that person who has to beg fast walkers to walk slower so I can keep up - I can't help being 4'11" :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Original post by nomophobia
I'm a slow walker... :redface:

Sorry everyone :lol: this thread is just hating on slow walkers and I'm that person who has to beg fast walkers to walk slower so I can keep up - I can't help being 4'11" :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We forgive you :ahee:
Original post by PugDevil
Ezio 'Platopus' Auditore :smug: (I realise if you've never played Assassin's Creed you won't understand that :wink:)

I do try my best, but sometimes you've got traffic of people coming one way and you're stuck in the other lane :frown:

I will probably have to ask my brother the meaning of that Assassins Creed reference when he comes home haha.

Oh yeah, that's annoying. Just gotta fake confidence and march into the approaching tide!
Absolutely! Sometimes it is beyond their control (mums with pushchairs, old people etc.) but it's still irritating :frown:. Then you have obese people who are not only blocking up the pavement, but also walking at a snail's pace. Then there are the people who choose to chat in a circle in the middle of the pavement, instead of choosing a cafe or somewhere else to continue their conversation.

Oh, and the couples who choose to hold hands while walking on a narrow pavement. I'm happy for you and all that jazz but I've got places to be!
I'm always running late and by running i literally mean that i am that person sprinting down the road so if someone in front is just strolling along at 0.07mph then I'm gonna get annoyed for sure !!
Yes!!
I hate it so much
Especially when You're screaming "excuse me" and they cannot hear :colonhash:
Reply 53
Original post by WBZ144
Absolutely! Sometimes it is beyond their control (mums with pushchairs, old people etc.) but it's still irritating :frown:. Then you have obese people who are not only blocking up the pavement, but also walking at a snail's pace. Then there are the people who choose to chat in a circle in the middle of the pavement, instead of choosing a cafe or somewhere else to continue their conversation.

Oh, and the couples who choose to hold hands while walking on a narrow pavement. I'm happy for you and all that jazz but I've got places to be!

Don't get me started there... Literally had a time where there has been three of them side by side :colonhash: Impossible to pass by! And with the couples, if im with my girlfriend one of us will always go ahead if its narrow because we know how annoying it is!
Yes people who walk slowly irritate me as they tend to slow you down when you're in a hurry or need to be somewhere
How do slow walkers affect you? You make a thread with he purpose of trying to gang up on people who aren't in a rush
To a degree, but I walk fairly fast so... :P
Too many people rushing everything. Ain't about that life. Gotta walk cool, gotta walk smooth, and that means walking slow. If I've got somewhere to be, I leave earlier or drive faster.
(edited 7 years ago)
[video="youtube;UcCHRW8G9yY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcCHRW8G9yY[/video]

Spoiler

I remember one time when I was walking out of a store in Times Square NY and this lady behind me cussed at me for walking to slow and I wasn't even walking slow. Don't ruin someone else's day just because you have a firecracker up your ass, -time management- leave earlier.

Quick Reply

Latest