The Student Room Group

Leadsom will be our next PM: Here's why...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the bear

Theresa has no children... unlike "stake in the future" Andrea.*

An unwise and frankly bizarre comment.

But the more the mainstream media rip her apart like this the more I fancy her chances.

The way things are right now you basically say: Who is the most unsuitable option? Who is the least liked by the bubble?

Corbyn? Brexit? Leadsom?

Put your money on him. it, or her!
Original post by james813
such as?

Like discovering that implementing the separation from the EU isn't quite as black and white as people like Farrage would have everyone think.

Whatever happens regarding the leaving of Europe, people who voted leave will be disappointed and people who voted remain will continue to despair, just a little less than at present.

Still, whoever gets in, it will be a shock to the system. We had a labour Tory under Blair, then Tory-light under Cameron. Be prepared for full fat conservatism under then next leader.
Reply 22
Well if her and trump get in we wont have that long to lament it, nuclear war and what not..
Original post by generallee
An unwise and frankly bizarre comment. *

thank you for your response. it is a free country for the moment so please enjoy your freedom to detract. *
Reply 24
We are living in extraordinary, unpredictable times, and watching history unfold with each passing day. You may not find this very comfortable, but will admit, I expect, that it is very interesting.

Prepare for the next shock. An almost untried and tested, Christian right winger is going to become our next PM. You heard it here first, and if I am wrong, please feel free to resurrect this thread to point it out to me.

Why?

Theresa May is my MP, I have met her a couple of times, she was very useful to me on a constituency matter once, and I have always found her very charming and effective

She is a proven Minister, tough, capable, with the support of the overwhelming majority of her MP's, the media, (even Rupert Murdoch's Sun came out for her today) and the bookies. She is a shoo in, surely, Shirley?

THAT is the reason she won't win, I posit. What we are witnessing is a revolt on the right. A popular rebellion against the establishment, the political class, the media, the London elite. And it isn't quite done yet.

Theresa made a huge mistake not coming out for Brexit. If she had she would be the next PM, no question. But this referendum is all about immigration and she has signally failed as Home Secretary to make any impact on that at all, (the reverse), and that will be held against her, along with the fact that when she had to choose she picked the wrong side. The establishment side.

The Tory Party are far more right wing than the Parliamentary Party. They are a mirror image of the Corbynistas actually. I don't know if Leadsom has what it takes to be a PM. Few people do, Major, Blair, Brown and Cameron were all conspicuous failures.

But I hate to be break it to you. This revolution is not yet done, and we are going to see her try.

Sorry, but you were wrong :wink:
Original post by ROC10
Sorry, but you were wrong :wink:

Yep!

She might have won the Tory membership election, as it goes, (so right wing is it) but clearly wasn't made of strong enough stuff to get that far. So she couldn't have led the country.

I am not unhappy. May will be a very strong negotiator with Merkel, and Brexit means Brexit!

Plus she is my MP and it is a great advantage to be a constituent of the Prime Minister.

Win win! :smile:
Reply 26
Hahah unfortunate thread!
Yep!

She might have won the Tory membership election, as it goes, (so right wing is it) but clearly wasn't made of strong enough stuff to get that far. So she couldn't have led the country.

I am not unhappy. May will be a very strong negotiator with Merkel, and Brexit means Brexit!

Plus she is my MP and it is a great advantage to be a constituent of the Prime Minister.

This is the type of selfish comment that is typical of right wing tories and makes me wish to change my party. I have nothing in common with that mentality.
Reply 28
Yep!

You haven't been to Witney recently.
lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending