The Student Room Group

DLC HE Access English humanities in 9 months work working?

Hi

I was wondering if anyone had ever done the HE Access English Humanities course with DLC. I am considering doing the course and wondering if others could give their opinion on the quality of the teachings and methods. I have 2-3 hours on evenings and most of the weekend to try do this over the course of 9 months. I have not studied or done writing since I did my GCSEs 10 years ago in which I got a C in English language and Literature.
Is it possible to do it in 9 months while working during the day?

Thankyou
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by turboterry1
Hi

I was wondering if anyone had ever done the HE Access English Humanities course with DLC. I am considering doing the course and wondering if others could give their opinion on the quality of the teachings and methods. I have 2-3 hours on evenings and most of the weekend to try do this over the course of 9 months. I have not studied or done writing since I did my GCSEs 10 years ago in which I got a C in English language and Literature.
Is it possible to do it in 9 months while working during the day?

Thankyou

I did the Nursing Access to HE course through DLC, it took me 9 months to complete (whilst working full time) and I got mainly distinctions (and am off to university in Sept). The course is good if you are happy to study independently and do research on the internet if you don't understand something and for doing your assignments. The course materials are ok, but just ok, the tutors vary in quality, and you have limited interaction with them. If you are looking for a course where you get loads of support, online tutorials, group study etc then I wouldn't recommend it. If you are ok with working totally independently and want the flexibility of fitting studying in around your job then I would say go for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending