The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If you don't feel comfortable with this new person writing your reference and have a good relationship with your 6th form head then I'd say by all means ask them to write you a reference.
Reply 2
Meh do what Nally said if not then oh well :<:<
you can always try to bully your form tutor into writing what you want in it :biggrin: its a tactic that many people have used hehe
Try asking(getting down and begging) your headmaster to write one!
At my school all people applying to Oxbridge get a headmasters reference, which is worth it even if you dont stand a chance of getting in :smile:
Reply 4
You're within your rights to ask to see your reference.

I'd get your 6th form head to write it, it's extremely important, it's of a similar length to your personal statement and if you are similar to many other applicants in terms of grades, things like personal statements and references really matter!
It's probably not as important as grades and personal statement, but it is important because it can either boost your application if it's otherwise a bit average but the reference is good or alternatively drag it down if the reference is bad. You really need your whole application to be as good as possible to stand the best chance of getting offers, especially for competitive unis/courses. It's normally either the form tutor or head of sixth form who writes the reference, so I don't see why it would be a problem and your tutor not knowing you seems like a legitimate reason to switch. If for some reason the head of sixth form says no, I wouldn't worry too much as long as your subject references are good because those will be the most important.
Reply 6
Does the referee give their reference to you to input yourself or if you have selected to apply through school/college, once your application has been submitted does the referee input it themselves?
Reply 7
Your form tutor writes your entire reference? At my school each teacher had to write something about us and then our tutors just had to collaborate it. We got to see our references but only after it had been sent, so a bit pointless really.

clefeen206- If you're applying through a school or college you send your completed section of the UCAS form to your referee who then adds their reference and they send it to UCAS. I think you only attach your own reference if you're applying as an independent candidate.

Latest

Trending

Trending