Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How To Play Pokémon GO! in the UK EARLY

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

For those wondering how I am able to play Pokémon GO! already. (UK)

Pokémon GO! isn't officially released yet in the UK and is not yet available on the play store.

However you can download the APK via a mirror download. The actual game files are available but just hasn't been unlocked for the UK on play store. Think of it like getting a console game before it's launch

I'm not sure if I can post the link here but if anyone is interested just PM me, or go to google and type Pokémon GO APK download. It's version 0.29.0.

N.B : This only works for android devices

For iPhones:

- Go to the App Store, Featured tab, scroll all the way down, click on your Apple ID, sign out and close the app.
    - Go to Settings, General, Language & Region, change region to United States (change lang to English US too); this will set your region to US
    - Go to the App Store, sign in with:*If signing in doesn't work*
    - Attempt to download any free app
    - You will be asked to create a new Apple ID, do that, and choose "None" for payment options
    - Search for Pokemon GO and download it
    - Once downloaded, sign out and revert back to your own region + sign back in with your own Apple ID
    - Profit.

I gave up gaming, but I think I'll give this ago since the concept is novel and interesting.

This is the link
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Would you rather be able to
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.