The Student Room Group

2 months without seeing her

Alright, you may have heard from me before possibly, I wanted to ask a girl out and had the confidence to, but I didn't see her, summer holidays have started and now it will be 2 months before I see her again. Will bullet point my thoughts to make it easy.

- We haven't spoken for 12 months now, a long time, but our timetables haven't been the same in college and our friendship groups don't mix.
- I know her fairly well, it's much more than attraction to appearance or it would have gone a long time ago, I honestly care about her. Used to have small convos here and there
- I wanted a summer to get to know her and finally spend time with a girl but now I don't think I can. Even if she'd said no I'd feel better than I do now.
- I had all the confidence in the world, I tried to see her, walked a slightly longer way home in the hope I'd bump into her but no opportunity.

I can be much more confident than I used to appear if I ask her out in person and that's the likely way of success. The only other two ways of going about it before the two months are over are either creating a Facebook to talk to her or asking a good friend to give me her number (a long shot). All I wanted was her and I need closure. I don't want this to be one of those things I look back on and regret when I'm older, even though I did nearly everything I could to make it happen. Sorry for length but help is really appreciated here. Thank you all for your help over the last few weeks and I won't post anymore threads after this one :biggrin:
Reply 1
Time to move on. Believe me there are plenty of other girls out there and there's no point thinking/obsessing/longing for this one girl.

EDIT: Wait, wait, wait.... you have to wait 2 months to see her again? Just wait the 2 months then! In the meantime move onto some other girls.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by jay2013
Time to move on. Believe me there are plenty of other girls out there and there's no point thinking/obsessing/longing for this one girl.

EDIT: Wait, wait, wait.... you have to wait 2 months to see her again? Just wait the 2 months then! In the meantime move onto some other girls.

Understandable. If I see someone over the summer who knows, but I can't get my head in the right mindset because I just have to have closure, the confidence it will give me despite the answer will be insane.
Gotta say I'm a little confused here. You have to wait for 2 months to see this girl but you haven't spoken to her in 12 months? Have you not seen her in 12 months either and it will still be another
months before you can? Does she live in your hometown and you're away at uni? I think your best option is to set up the facebook page and friend her.... along with other people. Then reach out to her
telling her you're new to fb etc. and strike up a conversation. To be honest, I feel like I came in
midway through your story but it sounds like you've posted about this before. Good Luck and I hope you get to meet up with her.
Reply 4
Original post by Hopefully1
Gotta say I'm a little confused here. You have to wait for 2 months to see this girl but you haven't spoken to her in 12 months? Have you not seen her in 12 months either and it will still be another
months before you can? Does she live in your hometown and you're away at uni? I think your best option is to set up the facebook page and friend her.... along with other people. Then reach out to her
telling her you're new to fb etc. and strike up a conversation. To be honest, I feel like I came in
midway through your story but it sounds like you've posted about this before. Good Luck and I hope you get to meet up with her.

In same college, just not around at the same time. I'll see her once every couple of months, often when she's with loads of friends. It's just summer now so I won't see her until September at least.

And thank you - will do maybe, it's just gonna be weird popping up after all this time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending