The Student Room Group

Physics multiple choice

In my Edexcel A-Level unit 5 exam, I made a choice, then I crossed it out, and chose another one. Then I realised actually my first choice was correct, so I crossed the second one out too, and then drew a circle around the first choice with an arrow pointing to a statement saying "This is my choice". Do you think it might be incorrectly marked? Thanks.
@Plagioclase, I don't know if you have any experience of this or something similar, but you know a lot anyway so why not tag you :P
Original post by oShahpo
In my Edexcel A-Level unit 5 exam, I made a choice, then I crossed it out, and chose another one. Then I realised actually my first choice was correct, so I crossed the second one out too, and then drew a circle around the first choice with an arrow pointing to a statement saying "This is my choice". Do you think it might be incorrectly marked? Thanks.
@Plagioclase, I don't know if you have any experience of this or something similar, but you know a lot anyway so why not tag you :P

Not that I've got any experience with examining but your scripts are being marked by (hopefully) reasonable humans so if you made it obvious which was your choice (which, from the sound of it, you did) then it should be correctly marked. Examiners don't have any reason to penalise you unfairly in a situation like this, as long as it's obvious which one you've chosen and it's not just someone trying to 'hedge' and give two answers rather than one. I would not worry about this.
Reply 2
Original post by Plagioclase
Not that I've got any experience with examining but your scripts are being marked by (hopefully) reasonable humans so if you made it obvious which was your choice (which, from the sound of it, you did) then it should be correctly marked. Examiners don't have any reason to penalise you unfairly in a situation like this, as long as it's obvious which one you've chosen and it's not just someone trying to 'hedge' and give two answers rather than one. I would not worry about this.

The reason I am asking this is that I have heard that they use computer to mark scripts, so hopefully if this is the case the computer might send it back for review.
Original post by oShahpo
The reason I am asking this is that I have heard that they use computer to mark scripts, so hopefully if this is the case the computer might send it back for review.

Unless it's one of those machine-readable scripts (which I'm pretty sure are not used by any UK exam boards...) then what I assume they mean by that is that they're scanned and then marked on the computer but they're still marked by humans.
Reply 4
Original post by Plagioclase
Unless it's one of those machine-readable scripts (which I'm pretty sure are not used by any UK exam boards...) then what I assume they mean by that is that they're scanned and then marked on the computer but they're still marked by humans.

Ah okay :biggrin: Thanks :biggrin:

Quick Reply