The Student Room Group

Midwifery EPQ help

So I am going into my second year of college, and I have chosen to do an EPQ (Extended Project Qualification), which is where you choose your own topic, research about it and then do a massive essay-style write up about the topic you have chosen.I want to go into midwifery or paediatric care in the future, so I want my EPQ to be based on this topic.

I already have a few ideas on a topic area including;
-Technological advances in midwifery.
-How the role of the midwife has changed since the 1950's.
-Teenage pregnancies.
-The effects on a fetus/newborn due to substance misuse during pregnancy.
-Home vs Hospital debate.

Which of these do you think would be easiest to research and write about? And do you have any other suggestions. Thanks!
Original post by RedRose366
So I am going into my second year of college, and I have chosen to do an EPQ (Extended Project Qualification), which is where you choose your own topic, research about it and then do a massive essay-style write up about the topic you have chosen.I want to go into midwifery or paediatric care in the future, so I want my EPQ to be based on this topic.

-Teenage pregnancies.

Which of these do you think would be easiest to research and write about? And do you have any other suggestions. Thanks!

Teenage pregnancies and home vs hospital should have quite a bit of research out on them :smile:
Original post by RedRose366

-Teenage pregnancies.

Hey im doing the exact same thing and was thinking of similar topics! I have my mind set on substance abuse & the role of the midwifes since 1960 but it depends if i even do it! Most unis ive asked don't even look twice at an epq and i doubt id ever get a place on midwifery anyway :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by jad3s3yh4030
Hey im doing the exact same thing and was thinking of similar topics! I have my mind set on substance abuse & the role of the midwifes since 1960 but it depends if i even do it! Most unis ive asked don't even look twice at an epq and i doubt id ever get a place on midwifery anyway :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I am trying to write up my EPQ and was wondering if you could send me some ideas of things you wrote

Latest