The Student Room Group

I have £5 left to last me a week - what's the most cost effective way to get food?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Just go to a wholesale place and pick up a huge bag of rice and then go and buy a bottle of vitamins from home bargains

sorted
Reply 21
if you want, pm me with your PayPal, I will transfer a small amount to you to help you get through.
Reply 22
A mate of mine lived on £1 / day for a week. It revolved around baking your own bread for the week, lentil soup, rice, a selection of poor quality veg, dashes of Tabasco and going a little bit hungry. At the end of the week a trip for a Waitrose cake and latte exceeded his previous weeks budget.
Reply 23
Go find some ramen noodles theyll last otherwise things in cans :smile:
Can you get anyone to lend you money for the time being?
You can survive on the stuff you already have for a week. It will be very bland (I agree and know!), but a sacrifice for the person who couldn't pay you back in time!Otherwise just go on an unhealthy diet for a week and buy cheap food that's not too healthy...like cheap chocolate which releases energy slowly. You defo should only have 2 meals a day for one week with the £5 you have left. Get bread and jam or crips or some salad.
Original post by Reda2
if you want, pm me with your PayPal, I will transfer a small amount to you to help you get through.

That's a really nice thing to do! :smile: Yeah I admit that's a good idea. I have that idea too now! I would actually transfer you some of my own pocket money (probably like £10) for no repay back to help you get through the week. :smile:
Buy a large bag of pasta and bacon!
Original post by Anonymous
Buy a large bag of pasta and bacon!
That could be eaten for lunch/dinner. Cereal is a good breakfast...get milk for like £2 max and a big cereal box for max £3. Breakfast sorted..and lunch/dinner can be done with whatever ingredients you have.
I know you're not homeless and stuff and I'm not sure if this is allowed (because it might genuinely be peak), but go to a foodbank for basic stuff you need?
Go chase that ****boy who you lent money to, tell him to give you back your money. If he doesn't, tell the police that he stole it.
Reply 31
So you gave all your money away?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Baked Beans, Toast, some pasta, stack of eggs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending