The Student Room Group

queen mary politics and hispanic studies or politics and international relations

I got accepted into Queen Mary for Politics and international relations, but I've fallen in love with the politics and hispanic studies course, however in the requirements it asks for a language a-level (not specific to spanish) and i didnt take any, is there any possibility of getting into the course or should i settle with Politics at Queen Mary or Soas (my preferred politics course). ????? I know it all depends on the grades but should i feel really conflicted
Nobody here can tell you, you need to ask them. If you did a GCSE in a language and got an A or A* then you have a chance... if not, maybe you can transfer onto the degree after freshers week? Or take Spanish at the QMUL Language Centre?
Original post by Sapptire
I got accepted into Queen Mary for Politics and international relations, but I've fallen in love with the politics and hispanic studies course, however in the requirements it asks for a language a-level (not specific to spanish) and i didnt take any, is there any possibility of getting into the course or should i settle with Politics at Queen Mary or Soas (my preferred politics course). ????? I know it all depends on the grades but should i feel really conflicted

If you don't meet the requirements for Politics with Hispanic Studies, it might be best to just take Politics & IR and then see if you can switch once you're here at Queen Mary.
Original post by whyamianadult
If you don't meet the requirements for Politics with Hispanic Studies, it might be best to just take Politics & IR and then see if you can switch once you're here at Queen Mary.

Hi I want to change my course from biochemistry to neuroscience and my enrollment day is on 16 September so can I go on that day and ask to switch cours?
Original post by Deenahappy
Hi I want to change my course from biochemistry to neuroscience and my enrollment day is on 16 September so can I go on that day and ask to switch cours?

Ask the uni...

Quick Reply