Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Conditions from the offer not met.

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

This is my first post so let me introduce myself. I'm Patryk form Poland and I had a conditional offer for Aeronautical Engineering (MSc): 38 overall and 6,6,6 from HL (I'm an IB student). I was sure that I'll make it, but on the results day I was surprised: 36. It is mostly because of History SL (I have 4 instead of predicted 6) Moreover, from three subjects I miss only one mark-point to improve my grade, so my result is nearly 39, but still 36 On the other hand I have a 6 in Maths HL and 7 in Physics HL, and 6 in English HL so this part of my offer is over-satisfied.

Sorry for writing so long post, but I am very worried about my offer. Do you think I’ll be let into the course? Shall I apply for re-marking of these three subjects? Someone said, that if I apply for re-mark my grades are cancelled and I’m out of the queue until the new are released.

(EDIT) I forgot to mention that I sent 2 emails with explanations to the university: first on Wednesday morning to the email and yesterday morning to the email given in my offer. I haven't received any response yet. I tried to call them (0141 330 2999), but the number is inactive, and when I tried to call via the switchboard, noone answers.

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.