The Student Room Group
I think they are fine the norm for law. Between French and rs go for French if you think you'll do well in it
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I'm going to be choosing my A Levels after summer and I'm stuck on what to do. I'd like to study Law at a Russell Group Uni. I'm thinking of taking:
History
English
Maths
Either French or Religious Studies

Would French or RS be better? Are these good subjects?

Those subjects sound about right :smile:
What about doing A level Law? Although universities say you can do matching courses, Law may give you a head start when applying to Universites.
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
What about doing A level Law? Although universities say you can do matching courses, Law may give you a head start when applying to Universites.

You would think that would be logical, but from previous threads on this topic I understand that some of the top universities really look down on A-level law as being weak.
Tbh, I'd say RS over French because they talk about crime and ethics ( well at least in the Scottish version they do ) which could probably help with law whereas French isn't really relevant. Have you tried contacting your preferred universities to ask?
It doesn't matter, just take as many facilitating subjects as you can.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your subjects are fine. I would say go for French as it's useful having an additional language and RS isn't really relevant to Law anyway.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm going to be choosing my A Levels after summer and I'm stuck on what to do. I'd like to study Law at a Russell Group Uni. I'm thinking of taking:
History
English
Maths
Either French or Religious Studies

Would French or RS be better? Are these good subjects?

Hi, what did you end up choosing if you don’t mind me asking? I’m undecided between the exact same options and gave to choose my a levels really soon!

Latest

Trending

Trending