The Student Room Group

How to deal with rejection

So, I've liked this boy a few months and we were talking on social media and he was very flirty and I got a lot of hints about him feeling the same. On the last day of school he asked me if I liked him and I addmited it, but he said he didn't know how he felt until he finally admitted that he didn't feel the same. He was nice about the whole situation and I said I felt like an idiot but he said not to and just not tell anyone. I felt weird when I got home and didn't cry or anything. But idk. We continued speaking just as friends and I've seen him once since and he put his legs on me so I made him put them down. We continued to speak as friends, but I felt like he didn't really want to so I ignored him for a few days. Then I sent him a snapchat which was obviously meant for a few people and he ignored it which he's never done before. What hurt the most is that my friend (who knew that I liked him) always made out that he liked her and even said that if they went to a party together she knows he's make a move, that's he's after sex from her and that he wants to meet up with her but she doesn't want to. She always acts like every boy wants her and is always ott about things but idk what to think. I love her but what she said in front of people just really hurt me. I want to move on from this guy but it's hard knowing I'll never find someone who'll like me
Reply 1
Dating is full of rejection and angst and you've just got to learn to roll with the punches and come back fighting.
What's to say no one will ever like you? You don't know that. Of course they will. Personally, I'd just move on and forget him and the next time your friend is going on about how much he's into her just say 'you know I was into him, can you not?' and be done with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending