The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Bump
I never date a girl who is friends with her ex that's big no no for me. As soon as I find out I'll break up with the girl. Simple as that. It's either that or she cheats on me with her ex or gets back with him.

If your friends with your ex than chances are you still have feeling for them and you can't let that person go. So you become friends instead.

An ex is ex for a reason and should stay as a ex, in my opinion.
Reply 3
Thanks for the repsonse yeah ive been researching and apparently if a girl is friends with her ex you should run 10 miles

But i dont want to throw everything in the water i really like her and she is my first gf
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Im probably being too jelous but i find it really uncomfortable with my gf being friends with her ex. She even tried to invite me to a group call with her , her ex and me but i didnt pick up. I dont thnk i can deal with this but i dont want to make her choose any advice?

Depends how they broke up. I'm best friends with my ex because we broke up because he told me he was gay :P we will always be good friends. I've been dating my current Boyfriend for nearly 2 years an wouldn't ever go back to my ex (even is he wasn't gay ) If you're worried talk to her. She's dating you because she loves you, not him. See how things go but talking about it is always best. :smile: good luck :smile:
Thanks for the repsonse yeah ive been researching and apparently if a girl is friends with her ex you should run 10 miles

But i dont want to throw everything in the water i really like her and she is my first gf

You do what you think is right. If you wanna be with her and are willing to put a side that she's friends with her ex, then continue with the relationship. Fellow your heart.

However I personally wouldn't want to date a girl who is friends with her ex. I'm too jealous for that. The taught of them being alone together freightens me :afraid: :mwuaha:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
yooo fam mr t laying it down for real loool, listen to him :smile:
A girl I was involved with would hang out with her ex regularly and assured me there was nothing to worry about as he was just a friend. Eventually she decided she was still in love with him, even though they broke up two years before, and they ended up having sex again.

I would advise getting out of Dodge
Reply 8
Thanks guys ill talk to her about it.
The funny thing is that she said all of her ex's cheated on her and she hates them. She hasnt even told me that this guy she is best friends with is her ex i just figured it out via facebook. Seems dodgy
Thanks guys ill talk to her about it.
The funny thing is that she said all of her ex's cheated on her and she hates them. She hasnt even told me that this guy she is best friends with is her ex i just figured it out via facebook. Seems dodgy

That's a another reason to end things with her. Shes hiding her friendship with her ex from you, who knows what she was doing behind your back. If she can't be honest about being friends with her ex then she doesn't deserve you tbh.
Not keen on the whole friends with ex thing personally, but this is something you should make clear to her you find uncomfortable and then discuss it accordingly.
Dump her.
I'm still good friends with my ex, it's never been a problem as my boyfriends have trusted me.
I can see why some might be insecure about it, I guess just tell her how you feel. Hopefully she can reassure you.
Run… far as you can.

From my own experience, I tried to be the considerate, cool nice guy towards her when ever she mentioned her ex or talking to him even though it didn’t bother me I never said anything and in the end it fudged me up and left me broken, she dumped me and decided she was still in love with him, after everything we had been through together.
I wouldn't, i'm a girl and would never stay friends with my ex. Guys i've previously dated who are on good terms with me it's only cause they have confessed some remaining interest in me. Best friends is even more weird to me. I would leave the relationship as it's probably gonna cause u more discomfort and mistrust in future.
Reply 15
A romantic relationship is ended for one or an addition of, many reasons. Incompatibility, loss of feelings, disrespect, cheating. All reasons that to me mean, end of relationship ! It being a romantic one or a platonic one, it is not sustainable. Ive had numerous exs in my life and i wouldnt even REMOTELY dream of remaining friends with any of them. Not to mention that i think its an added burden to a future relationship keeping a person ive slept with in my life. So many people to be friends with out there. Exs are EXS for a reason. end of.

Latest

Trending

Trending