The Student Room Group

How good does my essay need to be to get 60 by doing only 50% of the question?

Is it possible?

I have a seen essay an my goal is to get 2:2 so i want to get that by only doing one question (seen). There are two questions 50% each. I wanna just answer the first one and get 60. Is that possible? and how good does my essay need to be? It is an EU Law question. This is purely due to lack of time
Reply 1
Original post by Ketchuplover
Is it possible?

I have a seen essay an my goal is to get 2:2 so i want to get that by only doing one question (seen). There are two questions 50% each. I wanna just answer the first one and get 60. Is that possible? and how good does my essay need to be? It is an EU Law question. This is purely due to lack of time

If you're only doing 50% of the question, you can only get 50% of the maximum marks. So getting 60% isn't possible.
Original post by Juno
If you're only doing 50% of the question, you can only get 50% of the maximum marks. So getting 60% isn't possible.

Damn it, I was thinking that too but then would getting only 10% on the other question amount to 60? I'm just trying to make sure:frown:

Thanks btw
Is it possible?

It would be possible to get 60 if you gave a half hearted attempt at both parts but not if you only answer one part. How long have you got for this? Can't you do an all nighter or something to get it done?
Original post by infairverona
It would be possible to get 60 if you gave a half hearted attempt at both parts but not if you only answer one part. How long have you got for this? Can't you do an all nighter or something to get it done?

there are 5 topics and they will all be problem questions so i would need to know a lot of case law and yeah i can do an all nighter but idk if that would even help, just looking for an advice about how i can get 60 on that exam as my goal is to get a 2:2
What if they scale the answers not separately but as a whole because they have two questions that we have to answer within an hour (1 seen essay, 1 unseen problem question)
Reply 6
Damn it, I was thinking that too but then would getting only 10% on the other question amount to 60? I'm just trying to make sure:frown:

Thanks btw

No... you'd need to get 20% of the other question to get 60.
Original post by Speckle
No... you'd need to get 20% of the other question to get 60.

So I need to get 60% from the seen question and get 20% from the other unseen one?
I have done one question in my last semester and got 43, does that mean if i had attempted the other question too, I would have gotten a high mark? (as Juno says 50 is the highest mark)
Reply 9
So I need to get 60% from the seen question and get 20% from the other unseen one?

No, to get an overall of 60%, you need 100% in the seen question, and 20% in the other.

Basically, they're equally weighted so the average of the two marks must be 60%. e.g. (100+20)/2 = 60
Original post by Speckle
No, to get an overall of 60%, you need 100% in the seen question, and 20% in the other.

Basically, they're equally weighted so the average of the two marks must be 60%. e.g. (100+20)/2 = 60

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending