The Student Room Group

Narrowly missed offer...

Hello, I am an international student from the US. Bristol offered me a condition of 5 on any one of three AP exams; however, I received three 4's instead. I noticed that my course was on UCAS Clearing a few days ago, still available; however, upon double checking today it has disappeared from clearing. Does Bristol usually accept students who have narrowly missed their offers, and does anyone know when final decisions are issued to international/USA students? Same day as UK students (Aug 18 Results day) or earlier? I am getting a little worried as I still have visas and flight tickets to arrange. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!
Reply 1
Thanks for your suggestion! I will definitely have to make a call perhaps on Monday. I only emailed them, and received the usual 'we cannot guarantee anything,' 'we cannot say when for certain' replies so I was just wondering if anyone had experienced a similar situation. :smile:
Uni's do sometimes I don't know about USA grades so you might get in you might not keep checking track really all you can do until the 18th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by jonathanemptage
Uni's do sometimes I don't know about USA grades so you might get in you might not keep checking track really all you can do until the 18th

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:
Reply 4
Any updates
Original post by bylam14
Thanks for your suggestion! I will definitely have to make a call perhaps on Monday. I only emailed them, and received the usual 'we cannot guarantee anything,' 'we cannot say when for certain' replies so I was just wondering if anyone had experienced a similar situation. :smile:

Call their international office and explain your concerns about visas and flights.

They'll be able to put pressure on much more effectively than you can.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending