Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do I have a right to be annoyed?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I'm 25 and I have two groups of friends, well 1 now.

1st group of friends i used to go out and do things with. One of those was clubbing, and 1 fella in that group thought he was a right ladies man, was very stubborn nothing was his fault and when challenged on it would turn it around and make it mine/other perons fault. Generally not a nice person. Anyway, he started to 'bully' me humiliate me in front of girls at the club. Pick on me, get me drunk on purpose (rig drinking games) - all of our other group follow him like sheep and never speak up which is why he thinks he is gods gift. It doesnt help he always gets what he wants as well, the other person who used to stand up to him broke up with his mrs and turned into a follower and lost his backbone. Anyway, I decided enough was enough and walked away from these 'friends'

2nd group of friends I feel more close to, speak to almost every day, group chat, xbox do things of a weekend when we can.

Anyway, both my group of friends will intertwine from time to time. People in my 2nd group of friends always asked why I continue to hang around him (until the point I said enough was enough) now, they invite me and him to things, knowing full well that we dont get on and he used to bully me (Or try to anyway, just treated me like ****, always made me feel bad, standing up to him did no good) then they moan at me and tell me to be an adult and hang around him. Like w.t.f?! and adult would cut that **** out of my life.

If they were real friends they'd stop talking to the bully - their excuse is "he didnt do anything to me so im going to continue talking to him you have no right to tell me who i can and cant hang around with" which to me says that they are championing his behaviour towards me and dont give two tosses about how I feel/felt about the whole situation.

I havent spoken to anyone for the past two days to make a point. Especially since they mocked me for giving me reasons as to why I want them to not talk to me, even after they were the ones who originally wondered why I continued to talk to him. So I finally think enough is enough and cut the other group of 'friends' out of my life and I'm being mocked for not wanting to spend time with the guy & wanting them to stop talking to him and stop inviting me out if he's there.

Its a f**king insult and I really dont want to lose another group of friends and be left with literally no - one.

Have I hung around the wrong people my whole life? I finally stop being for lack of a better term 'beta' grow some *******s become a confident man and I'm on the verge of losing my other friends. I refuse to back down on this. Its an insult and yet AGAIN this t*ssbag 'wins' - I will lose out because they wont text me because they all agree with one another that 'he didnt do anything to me so im going to continue to hang around with him' - so cowardice!

yes. you have every right to be annoyed. friends are people who should make you feel good about yourself and who you should enjoy being around. if this doesnt happen then these people simply aren't your friends. I know it seems harsh but its true. sorry babes

Id have no one left
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.