The Student Room Group

I'm not learning anything new anymore

My instructor has taught me left and right turn, stopping, mini and big roundabouts and dual carriageway. I have gotten up to fifth gear. Unfortunately, I'm a bit of a nervous person and I find it difficult to go fast so my instructor decided to take me back to small roads. However, I am soon to reach lesson 15 and have never reversed or learned parking.

I know everyone's progress is different but I'm just wondering if reversing and parking should have been covered by hour 15? (For those who did their lessons recently) I know lessons were faster back then.

Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by Ohlordt
My instructor has taught me left and right turn, stopping, mini and big roundabouts and dual carriageway. I have gotten up to fifth gear. Unfortunately, I'm a bit of a nervous person and I find it difficult to go fast so my instructor decided to take me back to small roads. However, I am soon to reach lesson 15 and have never reversed or learned parking.

I know everyone's progress is different but I'm just wondering if reversing and parking should have been covered by hour 15? (For those who did their lessons recently) I know lessons were faster back then.

Thank you

Talk to your instructor. They will know your progress - nobody here knows how good your driving actually is - and they'll also have their own instructing style. There's no such thing as "should have been covered by hour 15".
Original post by Ohlordt

Thank you

My instructor didnt let me do any reversing/parking until i was totally confident as a driver... He said its better to take things one step at a time because if your not confident as a driver and start learning reversing it takes away from your practice time on the other skill when your not really ready yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest