Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

traveling to mexico with a simple police caution

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016
    • Thread Starter


    so over 4 months ago i recieved a simple police caution for 'outraging public decency - common law' which being a simple caution is now spent.

    next year around this time i want to go on holiday with my friends to
    mexico, which i do not need to apply for a visa for. However i am unclear or not weather i have to declare or apply for any forms to be able to travel because of my spent caution.

    i was looking on the Gov.co.uk website and it says as follows:
    'Simple cautions are covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act so you dont have to disclose unless it is for an occupation which is an exception to the act, like working with children.'

    by this i am seeing that i dont have to declare it because of the fact is is a SPENT, Simple Police Caution. i am getting very mixed signals online as it all seems to be involving actual convictions (a simple police caution is not a conviction).

    could someone shed some light on the subject?

    Thankyou very much for reading.

    Your fine, it shouldn't come up on any systems.
    • Thread Starter

    (Original post by Mimsycrafts)
    Your fine, it shouldn't come up on any systems.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.