The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

"Aston Accommodation Helper"

Hi guys, I recently received a friend request (that I've declined) on Facebook from this account and I'm questioning its legitimacy. I have sent an email to Aston Accommodation staff to confirm it just in case and if @Aston University could also help out that'd be great thanks.

Edit: Just a post alerting people about it, let me know if you also have been added by this account.
(edited 7 years ago)
Thanks for this Ayhay,

I've looked into it and the page is not associated with our accommodation department. It seems a number of other universities have had this setup for their accommodation too, i've reported the page and hopefully it should be removed soon.

Josh*
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Aston University
Thanks for this Ayhay,

I've looked into it and the page is not associated with our accommodation department. It seems a number of other universities have had this setup for their accommodation too, i've reported the page and hopefully it should be removed soon.

Josh*

Thanks a bunch Josh, I also got the following reply from the accommodation staff:
"Thank you for your email. We believe that this is a fake request so you were correct to delete it "
Reply 3
Ensuite deluxe room available on Aston campus. 42 week license. Message for more details.

Quick Reply

Latest