The Student Room Group

Help!! Second degree-Nursing will i be eligible for loans!?

Hi,
I already have a degree in Criminology which i gained in 2014, since then i have decided i would like to do a nursing degree, maybe mental health. But from 2017 the nursing bursary is stopping, obviously student finance wont fund a second degree but i wondered since its an nhs course will they pay my tuition fees (as a loan)? Or is everything still undecided about the bursary!? I really want some help with this question as i want to start applying for 2017 entry asap!
Thanks!
Original post by Becky175
Hi,
I already have a degree in Criminology which i gained in 2014, since then i have decided i would like to do a nursing degree, maybe mental health. But from 2017 the nursing bursary is stopping, obviously student finance wont fund a second degree but i wondered since its an nhs course will they pay my tuition fees (as a loan)? Or is everything still undecided about the bursary!? I really want some help with this question as i want to start applying for 2017 entry asap!
Thanks!

As far as i m aware they haven't shared the results of the consultation but they intend on going ahead with the changes it seems, so you should be eligible for loans to cover tuition and living costs as second degree students get an exemption so it's likely you'll never pay your loan back.
Reply 2
Thankyou, I didnt even realise that the govt dont really fund second degrees i just presumed anyone could go to uni for as long as they liked lol! But i have read that there is some kind if rule that if it is an nhs course the will fund that as a second degree, i went or an open day at uni yesterday and admissions said there definitely wont be bursaries for 2017 :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending