The Student Room Group

Toyota Aygo for first car?

I'm considering getting one, it would be the 1.0 VVT-i

i might also get a renault clio

I live in the countryside so dont really need something small

need good fuel consumption as i will drive about 30 miles per day
(edited 7 years ago)
It isn't a bad car but the Peugeot 107 and the Citroen C1 usually tend to be a better buy as you get the same car with better kit for less money.

A bit underpowered even for a small car and not the most pleasant to drive but far from the worst.
C1, 107 and Aygo are basically the same car. Just choose between them for the kit.

Although everybody's first car should have a door you need to kick to open properly... or a radio you have to tune to 96.6 to make the heating work...*
They're a great first car :smile: a bit girly I suppose. Don't find it too underpowered, can drive on the motorway with 2 passengers and get up to a good speed - just takes a bit longer. Insurance is cheap, does depend on a few factors though (eg, how long you've been driving, where you live etc). Road tax is cheap, cheap to run (probably fill it up with £15 every fortnight and that's using it every day).*
Reply 4
Drove one a few times , quite nippy . feels less solid than a yaris . Only thing i found was i found it easy to stall , bite point was hard to find and high up ,

Quick Reply

Latest