The Student Room Group

how to be less lonely?

Since my boyfriend broke up with me I've been incredibly lonely. I think i'm better at being IN a relationship then not. Can I change this?
Reply 1
Me to. I've only a handful of good friends and none of them now live close by. I have found extended periods single quite lonely.

See if you can meet some like minded single friends at uni or work, cultivate a local pub, travel to see further away friends, join a voluntary organisation - these have been my, relatively, successful strategies.
What Zarek said. :smile:
you are not lonely on tsr :tongue:
Reply 4
Of course you can change it, you can do anything you put your mind too. But from what you're saying you seem to have a dependency on being IN a relationship, which isn't healthy. I know this as I am in a similar situation, for many years now I have jumped from girlfriend to girlfriend because I always felt better in a relationship. Since my last break up a few weeks ago I have tried my best to combat the negative feelings of a break up (e.g loneliness etc) in the light of knowing that in the long run I need to learn how to be on my own, which will ultimately allow me to get into a better relationship in the future. If you don't have many friends around to spend time with, then use your family. If neither are around, then do what you like to do. Things get worse before they get better, ultimately you don't need a relationship, you're good enough being single.

All the best.
Hi megan. Sure you can change that. sometimes you've got to push yourself out of your room to the pub or uni, or bring a good book to the library who knows somewhere you'll find interesting friends!

Cheer up ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending