The Student Room Group

Which parent do you like?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Playmaker#10
It's not a retarded analogy, I was just showing you that your preference of your mother to your father, just because she happens to have a vagina is as you said quite stupid.

Thanks for agreeing with me.

Well no. Your hypothetical situation is a moot point. You gave a lose-lose situation. If anyones parent were to kill your other siblings, I'm sure your feelings towards said parent would change.
Since [presumably] her mum has yet to kill her other siblings, I don't see why her feelings towards / or at least preferring one parent over the other is stupid at all.
Reply 21
Original post by Talkand...Talk
respect to u and ur mother. I absolutely adore women who can raise then children up decently themself, so powerful!! Women like your mum are hero's to this world!!

Cheers! I hope we all become good parents :smile:
Original post by 34908seikj
Well no. Your hypothetical situation is a moot point. You gave a lose-lose situation. If anyones parent were to kill your other siblings, I'm sure your feelings towards said parent would change.
Since [presumably] her mum has yet to kill her other siblings, I don't see why her feelings towards / or at least preferring one parent over the other is stupid at all.

She said her primary reason for preferring her mother is because she came out her vagina, so I wonder how that would still stand if she did something crazy like that, and she already said that what she said was stupid so this is really redundant.
My dad was only in my life for a decade but he was a brilliant parent throughout that time, mum's done a brilliant job of raising me by herself after he passed so honestly i couldn't say i have/had a favourite.
"It's not a retarded analogy, I was just showing you that your preference of your mother to your father, just because she happens to have a vagina is as you said quite stupid."

Your reasoning for your really *****y analogy.

You can literally apply that to any person on Earth. It's like a moot-moot point. You know her feelings would differ if that situation would ever occur, so why even say it? It's not like you're proving a point... It's irrelevant if she thinks it's stupid or not, your analogy was ****ing dumb.

You also agreed that it would differ if something like that happened, so she should pick a decent reason for it and not something so meaningless.
I love both :cute:
Neither.
But it's not meaningless. Why do you think it's meaningless? It's just as arbitrary as any other reason the people in this thread have said. Meaningless to you, but given that it has nothing to do with you. IT. IS. A. STUPID. ANALOGY.

She said it herself that the reason was pretty stupid you idiot.

Quit pestering me.
Reply 28
Mum and Dad equally!
My Dad was never there for me, my Mum on the other hand was. Although my Mum and I may not get along a lot, I do prefer her over my Dad.
I like my mum better but since she passed away, i guess i have to like my dad lmao he has anger problems so its kinda hard to like him
You know that some parents play good cop and bad cop, so your favouritism fluctuates over time..
I prefer my Dad and I aspire to have a personality like his.
My mum as my dad never wanted anything to do with me :laugh:

I've got a great mum, grandparents and now a stepdad so I don't feel like I've ever missed out on anything :h:
Original post by Alexion
I love both :cute:

me too!! DONT get me wrong i LOVE them equally, but its just my personality and intrests, like i said above if i had no personality or intrest they would both be my fav. But if we dont talk about intrests, my parents both do a equal amazing job in bringing me and my 2 sisters and 1 bro up! They have actually inspired me sooo much not just in parenting but also by there careers (dads a audi cars manager) (mums a heart surgeon). They are just great parents in verydifferent ways, and i love that, bcz its nice to look up too two dffernet ppl bcz in that way you can pick out things that u like or eaach parent, while still appreciating the bad things too. When i have kids i want to be like my mum and dad. And my siblings have personalities that are lile mum or dad!! Even my youger sister who is only 6 taught me to not be so kind to ppl or they take advantage!! Im grateful to jah to have my family!!😀
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't prefer either, infact when I'm old enough I cant wait to leave home with my qualifications. My Dad divorced my Mum when I was young and he used to drink alot and force his love of football onto me even though I'm not into sports. He then turns up randomly on my 14 birthday after hes been god knows where after all these years wanting me to meet his new wife and my half brothers. My Mum she was nice when I was younger but has turned into an utter b!tch, she forces football and sports on me even though I don't like it and she constantly verbally and emotionally abuses me calling me stupid and saying how much of a girl I am just because I don't fall under the stereotypical traits of a boy, even when I try to help her she calls me weak and all sorts of things and words really do hurt especially from your mother.

But my Grandmother is my next best thing to an amazing parent constantly coming over to check up on me, asking me if im right, watches Television with me, and she cooks dinner when my Mum dosen't have the time and she even defends me.

My Grandad I don't know him as he passed away right before I was conceived in 2001.
Original post by Popsiclez
I don't prefer either, infact when I'm old enough I cant wait to leave home with my qualifications. My Dad divorced my Mum when I was young and he used to drink alot and force his love of football onto me even though I'm not into sports. He then turns up randomly on my 14 birthday after hes been god knows where after all these years wanting me to meet his new wife and my half brothers. My Mum she was nice when I was younger but has turned into an utter b!tch, she forces football and sports on me even though I don't like it and she constantly verbally and emotionally abuses me calling me stupid and saying how much of a girl I am just because I don't fall under the stereotypical traits of a boy, even when I try to help her she calls me weak and all sorts of things and words really do hurt especially from your mother.

But my Grandmother is my next best thing to an amazing parent constantly coming over to check up on me, asking me if im right, watches Television with me, and she cooks dinner when my Mum dosen't have the time and she even defends me.

My Grandad I don't know him as he passed away right before I was conceived in 2001.

Im so sorry about that. But put my blessings onto ur grandmar. what a beautiful wonerful woman! Be thanful for her

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending