The Student Room Group

How difficult is the LNAT supposed to be?

I ask because I started doing LNAT sample questions on the internet and got the first ones I did right. Then I got to one involving calculations. Being extremely bad at Maths this threw me off, and now I keep getting answers wrong. I'm not sure if I want to study Law so this isn't a pressing issue, but I'm wondering how difficult the test is considered to be?
Original post by greenmang0
I ask because I started doing LNAT sample questions on the internet and got the first ones I did right. Then I got to one involving calculations. Being extremely bad at Maths this threw me off, and now I keep getting answers wrong. I'm not sure if I want to study Law so this isn't a pressing issue, but I'm wondering how difficult the test is considered to be?

Hello Greenmang0,

That's a great question. The LNAT can indeed feel very overwhelming when you first start looking at questions (especially if you're a bit rusty in maths). However, it does get much easier with practice (don't fall into the trap of thinking "you can't revise for the LNAT" - this simply isn't true!).

There are a lot of tips + techniques that you can utilize to improve your speed and accuracy. One of the best ways to improve with minimal effort is to read broadsheet newspapers as much as you can. When you get closer to your exam date, you can start working through popular LNAT textbooks e.g. The Ultimate LNAT Guide and then finally onto past papers.

Whilst it's a difficult exam, it's by no means impossible and shouldn't put you off law if that's really what you want to do in life!

Hope this helps! You can find out more LNAT related information here.

UniAdmissions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending