The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
Oh if u havent done bmo stuff yet then IMO stuff is a very long shot sorry for suggesting that. I just assume everyone is on the IMO hype like me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only know two doing IMO on here. :tongue:

Send me questions but not from the IMO if possible :biggrin:. I did some USAMO questions which where really nice, but that's probably not as hard as IMO.
Oh if u havent done bmo stuff yet then IMO stuff is a very long shot sorry for suggesting that. I just assume everyone is on the IMO hype like me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have a look at this https://www.artofproblemsolving.com/wiki/index.php?title=2015_AMC_12A_Problems/Problem_25

An absolute beauty. :smile:

Ah, Ford circles.
I now refer you to BMO2 2016 Q1 and STEP I 2016 Q5. Where this configuration has come up albeit in an easier fashion in step naturally but a slightly harder problem in BMO2 Q1 :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah, Ford circles.
I now refer you to BMO2 2016 Q1 and STEP I 2016 Q5. Where this configuration has come up albeit in an easier fashion in step naturally but a slightly harder problem in BMO2 Q1 :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Terrific, thanks for the questions.
hi guys, trying to get lots of MAT prep done in the next month before going back to school. I'm Irish and we have a completely different syllabus so I've spent the last week or two learning C1&C2. Seeing as people here recommend doing C3&C4, I figured I should go through that aswell but I don't want to buy more textbooks. Could anyone recommend any websites I could find comprehensive C3&C4 notes? Thanks
Reply 26

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn olympiaders

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
Damn olympiaders

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shut ur mouth yeh. Atleast ur going university unlike me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by QueenOfCaffeine
these are so incredible, thank you so much.
Could I chance my arm and ask if you'd have them for C1 & C2 aswell? :colondollar:

C1

C2
Original post by Euclidean

Thanks so much!
I know this is for MAT Prep but since we all have to do Personal Statements as well: at a talk at one of the colleges at the Oxford open day, the maths tutor said to avoid mentioning the book The Music Of The Primes at all costs in your Personal Statement. Apparently everyone writes about it and it gives you an edge to mention something different :smile: Just in case this helps anyone
Reply 32
Original post by QueenOfCaffeine
I know this is for MAT Prep but since we all have to do Personal Statements as well: at a talk at one of the colleges at the Oxford open day, the maths tutor said to avoid mentioning the book The Music Of The Primes at all costs in your Personal Statement. Apparently everyone writes about it and it gives you an edge to mention something different :smile: Just in case this helps anyone

A bit of unsolicited advice: (Hope it helps you out)

Spoiler

Reply 33
Original post by lightbulbmoment_
Awesome, this thread is up already!

Any CompSci people here or all you all Mathematicians?

I would like to apply for maths and computer science :smile: What subject are you applying for?
Reply 34
This and this look very helpful. Maybe added to the OP?
Reply 35
Anyone got a solution for 2006 Q7? I can't seem to find a solution anywhere on Earth...

Post yours and someone can verify it for you if you wish.
Reply 36
Original post by Zacken
This and this look very helpful. Maybe added to the OP?

Definitely good resources, used them a lot last year. That site is a goldmine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
I'm applying for straight Computer Science! How are you finding the standard of the past papers?

I've found that the difficulty of the questions have definitely increased in the later papers. However, I really like how the MAT makes you think about what is REALLY happening with the maths (unlike maths and further maths AS level where I found you could get by with just learning questions). :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by Pedals
I've found that the difficulty of the questions have definitely increased in the later papers. However, I really like how the MAT makes you think about what is REALLY happening with the maths (unlike maths and further maths AS level where I found you could get by with just learning questions). :smile:

Wait till you try STEP...
Reply 39
Original post by Zacken
Wait till you try STEP...

Wait till you try Year 2 maths sats

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest