The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Free Taxi travel for epileptics

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Not persay, they shouldnt be allowed to drive of course but theres nothing making it as risky to use taxis and public transport themselves. plus if its incredibly bad i assume theyd lready be entitled to some form of benefits?
Original post by sleepysnooze
nope- their illness. their responsibility. nobody else's.

Right little ray of sunshine, aren't you?
Original post by Napp
Not persay, they shouldnt be allowed to drive of course but theres nothing making it as risky to use taxis and public transport themselves. plus if its incredibly bad i assume theyd lready be entitled to some form of benefits?

Not always. If you have one seizure, you're banned from driving for one year, which doesn't always entitle you to benefits.
Original post by Tiger Rag
I'm sure you'd be saying the same if you were in the same situation?

nope, not at all. nice of you to have suggested that "only do what *I* like for my hypothetical self society" is your philosophy though...
Reply 24
Sorry but have to massively disagree!!! My daughter has epilepsy. I am an extremely pushing parent when it comes to education but with my daughter who has epilepsy I am putting her off going to just collage let alone uni! The thought of her getting a bus then a train and then a mile walk to the collage everyday then back also is a massive no no! She can not help that she has epilepsy! Both myself and her dad works and pay a lot in taxes! I feel like this should most definitely be funded! We pay £1000 a year for my other daughter to go to the school she wanted in travel cost, that’s our choice but my other daughter did not chose to have epilepsy..!! I don’t think anyone would understand unless they are in that situation!

Latest

Trending

Trending