The Student Room Group

A2 English Language Coursework Help

Can anyone help me write a commentary? My chosen style model is a blog on informing and advising teenagers on self-love, however, my original writing is on informing and advising teenagers on healthy eating. Now I need to write a commentary but not sure how to lay it out and what to write!
Original post by claudiamendes
Can anyone help me write a commentary? My chosen style model is a blog on informing and advising teenagers on self-love, however, my original writing is on informing and advising teenagers on healthy eating. Now I need to write a commentary but not sure how to lay it out and what to write!

I would start with your linguistic tool-kit. I don't know how many words your it needs to be, but just start with whatever your stronger at. So maybe start with saying how you have formed a synthetic personalisation with your audience by particular grammar such as personal pronouns and so forth.

Your commentary is the same as how you'd analyse a piece of unseen writing. You'd analyse the text by using linguistic terminology and then defining what affect that has on the reader.

I can't really give you anymore advice without reading it to be honest as I don't know the writing style and what I could suggest you mention in your commentary.
Original post by claudiamendes

Hey I didn't do English language so can't help you. I just wanted to warn you not to use the exact same wording as anything which people may reply here as it will crop up in a plagiarism check.
Reply 3
Work your way through the key frameworks.

Lexis - formality, register, tone - link to field, function, and tenor
Grammar - sentence types ect and again link to field function tenor.

Just do a pageaph on each key constituent and it should be enough :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending