The Student Room Group

Why do some guys act hot and cold towards a girl

So this guy I've noticed acts hot and cold. *One time he's smiling at me and waving ..next time I see him completely avoiding me. What's up with him? I'm fairly neutral and we've spoken before, I look forward to seeing him but he tries to avoid me when he realises I'm there, but as soon as our eyes meet, he has a massive smile and waves back again.*

One time he offered me a ride home but I declined, because I'm not used to it. I don't know if he took it personally but he avoided me next day.

What's the explanation? *

Scroll to see replies

Heat is Work and Work is Heat. Heat cannot of itself go from a colder to a hotter, you can try but it just won't want a.

I have no idea what your talking about.

How can someone act as a temperature?

I guess a "hot" person could move really fast and shake rapidly- the "cold" person could move really slowly and hardly shake at all.
Reply 2
Ahh you can't leave me hanging, just try to explain in your words because I really don't know how to act now.*
I deliberately act hot and cold myself because, well, it works.

Look at this right here, he's got you thinking about him enough for you to make a thread on TSR about him.
Reply 4
Original post by Lemon Haze

Do you actually like the girl when you act hot and cold ?*
Original post by Anonymous
So this guy I've noticed acts hot and cold. *One time he's smiling at me and waving ..next time I see him completely avoiding me. What's up with him? I'm fairly neutral and we've spoken before, I look forward to seeing him but he tries to avoid me when he realises I'm there, but as soon as our eyes meet, he has a massive smile and waves back again.*

One time he offered me a ride home but I declined, because I'm not used to it. I don't know if he took it personally but he avoided me next day.

What's the explanation? *

Maybe you're making yourself too available, if you're constantly staring/wanting to talk/always there then, well, no one likes that. Just play hard to get and if he's interested then I'm sure he'll get "hotter" - by your words.

You go gurl, get dat d

Look at this right here, he's got you thinking about him enough for you to make a thread on TSR about him.

but it's kind of annoying and immature sometimes because you don't know what to go on and it's not always good playing hard to get*
Do you actually like the girl when you act hot and cold ?*

If I am doing it deliberately, then yes. If I am acting hot and cold and I don't mean to then I probably don't. How are your suppose to know? I have no idea.
Reply 8
Maybe you're making yourself too available, if you're constantly staring/wanting to talk/always there then, well, no one likes that. Just play hard to get and if he's interested then I'm sure he'll get "hotter" - by your words.

You go gurl, get dat d

I think it's the opposite! I'm reserved/shy kinda girl! when he avoids me, I don't show interest while I do smile and wave back when he does it to...I'm merely a reflection of his actions. I do want to talk to him but he needs to be more approachable otherwise I chicken out.*
Original post by queen-bee
but it's kind of annoying and immature sometimes because you don't know what to go on and it's not always good playing hard to get*

Male or Female, playing hard to get will always tickle our brains. It's the same psychology behind why girls don't go for the 'nice guy', even though they can appreciate his behaviour.
I personally if I want someone I will tell them straight up, I see no point playing childish hard to get games.
But when he acts cold, I think I've done something that put him off or he's not interested anymore. So I become distant, even though my heart does race when he's there.*
People arent rational and bots arent mature , hence boys. Just get on with your life and if he's interested he will let you know. Dont waste time analysing it.
Male or Female, playing hard to get will always tickle our brains. It's the same psychology behind why girls don't go for the 'nice guy', even though they can appreciate his behaviour.

Playing hard to get makes me more attracted to them, yes but going completely OTT by walking in another direction as soon as he notices me (thinking I didn't see it) is a turn off. Like what have I done for him to avoid me like that?

Then again he does smile and wave when we actually meet so I don't really know what to make out of it.
He could have just been trying to be nice though? He has a lot of female friends, however I don't have any guy friends so taking up his offer would have been out of my comfort zone. Also it confused me how he is outgoing with other girls but is more composed around me*
He could have just been trying to be nice though? He has a lot of female friends, however I don't have any guy friends so taking up his offer would have been out of my comfort zone. Also it confused me how he is outgoing with other girls but is more composed around me*

Have you actually spoken to him or do you two just wave at each other?
Thanks for your insight. He's about 22 years old, he said he would drop me off on his way and his friends where going to be there too. Thinking about it he might possibly like me but he should just be himself and feel relaxed because I don't bite :tongue:
Have you actually spoken to him or do you two just wave at each other?

Yeah we've spoke a few times.. But he mainly waves at me.
Original post by HelpusPleasus
Heat is Work and Work is Heat. Heat cannot of itself go from a colder to a hotter, you can try but it just won't want a.

I have no idea what your talking about.

How can someone act as a temperature?

I guess a "hot" person could move really fast and shake rapidly- the "cold" person could move really slowly and hardly shake at all.

This is the relationships forum not the physics one :tongue:
Men are generally told not to show too much investment into a girl, therefore hot and cold is there way of balancing that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending