The Student Room Group

Advanced loan 19+

Hi guys i have been looking into this new advanced loan 19+ which was for 24+ but has been changed this year. People with second degrees or higher education can obviously apply to use this to cover their next course as its from level 3 to level 6 am i right? thanks
As far as I know, you can use the Advanced Learner Loan (19+ loan) for eligible qualifications even if they're at a lower level than a qualification you already have, yes. But if you already have a degree why would you want to use the 19+ loan?
Reply 2
To do a second degree

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Iv never had funding before for my first degree I know that doesn't matter and student finance wouldn't still not fund it. But I
Thought with this new funding that you could use it because it actually says you can use it 4 times for different courses

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by angelseyes
To do a second degree

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't use the 19+ loan to do a degree. What do you want to study?
Reply 5
I thought it stated you could do a level 6 course? A science degree

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought it stated you could do a level 6 course? A science degree

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure what level 6 qualification it is referring to, but it definitely does not mean degrees or any higher education qualification. From 2018 people wanting to do a second degree in a science subject will be able to get a tuition fee loan, so my advice would be to wait a few years.
Reply 7
Original post by Snufkin
I'm not sure what level 6 qualification it is referring to, but it definitely does not mean degrees or any higher education qualification. From 2018 people wanting to do a second degree in a science subject will be able to get a tuition fee loan, so my advice would be to wait a few years.

Oh really? il wait then work abit more many thanks
Reply 8
Oh really? il wait then work abit more many thanks

Where did you hear this can i ask?
Where did you hear this can i ask?

The 2016 Budget.

"During this parliament, loans will be introduced for level 3 to level 6 training in further education, part-time second degrees in STEM, and postgraduate taught master’s courses."
Original post by Snufkin
The 2016 Budget.

"During this parliament, loans will be introduced for level 3 to level 6 training in further education, part-time second degrees in STEM, and postgraduate taught master’s courses."

thats reassuring thankyou

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending