Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tinder guy...

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

I started talking to a guy on tinder a couple of weeks ago - we spoke for a few days and then he stopped messaging... then he messaged a few days later apologising as he rarely uses the app, I messaged back, but then no reply again. Now a week later he has replied apologising again (same reason). I'm not sure if I should believe him, and I know that if I message him back he may take a while again to reply. I also don't know if I should be forward and suggest him taking my number (although I was really waiting for him to do this as I wanted to gauge whether he's actually interested). Thoughts?

To be brutally honest, I think that if he was interested in you he would make the effort to reply to reply faster- it really doesn't take that much effort. It sounds like he's just being polite and not ignoring your messages. If I were you though I'd just ask him if he was interested or not.

Unfortunately most people on dating apps are a waste of time, guys and girls

To be fair I often am really slow with replying, and you have to remember that they will be talking to multiple people on the app. If you are interested in him, perhaps suggest it and if he isn't keen then he can ignore you or turn you down. You don't really have anything to lose, but if you are uncomfortable with this then start talking to other matches instead.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Unfortunately most people on dating apps are a waste of time, guys and girls
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.