The Student Room Group

Assassination threats forced UKIP boss Nigel Farage to resign - reports

Brexiteer Nigel Farage stood down as UKIP leader because he feared for his life, it has emerged. Threats were also allegedly made against his family during the EU referendum campaign.

Last Monday, the Leave campaigner and MEP announced his resignation, saying Britain’s vote to leave the EU on June 23 meant his “political ambition has been achieved.”

“I have never been and I have never wanted to be a career politician.

“I couldn’t possibly achieve more than we managed to achieve in the referendum. So I think it’s right that I should stand aside as leader of UKIP.

“During the referendum campaign, I said I want my country back. What I am saying today is I want my life back, and it begins right now.”

However, it has been claimed Farage’s reasons for resigning may run somewhat deeper.

According to the Daily Express, Farage has been disturbed by a surge in daily threats that have worsened dramatically since the vote for a Brexit.

The newspaper claims he gave a police statement about threats made to his family. It is understood those threats were made against his daughters, aged 11 and 16.

https://www.rt.com/uk/350645-assassination-threat-farage-ukip/

Isn't that a propaganda outlet for the Russian government?
Original post by ByEeek
Isn't that a propaganda outlet for the Russian government?

It sources the daily express apparently
Reply 4
Is it a surprise to anyone that Remainiacs are inclined to violence?
Original post by TercioOfParma
It sources the daily express apparently

Ah yes - that well known authority on everything Diana, Princess of Wales and stories on the British weather. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
[video="youtube;9c9F0JBFPko"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c9F0JBFPko[/video]

I have no doubt most of the violent buffoons see him as their leader
Maybe this story wasn't reported by those maverick "leftists" because it is based on rumour and hearsay?

"The charismatic politician, whose shock resignation yesterday had Westminster reeling, has told friends of his growing concern about a series of death threats made towards him"

Any news organisation hiring journalists with a shred of integrity wouldn't report that story mainly because there is no story until he comes out publicly.
Never believe anything the Daily Express says, it's full of ****
Last week's news, not that it is acceptable to make death threats against anyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending