Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

He has an obsession

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

I have been with my boyfriend for 2 months. I knew of him a while before this but did not know him well. I have found out that he has an obsession with Spain and the language. Whilst I think it's great he has an interest in culture I feel like he is obsessed.

He has been going to a language cafe for years once a week. He also goes to meetups on Couchsurfing and is a member of all of these international and Spanish groups on Facebook. I find that he is very cagey about all of this and he even detags photos of himself on parties he goes to with Spanish people. I have asked him why he is so fascinated and he said 'that is the way it is' and left it at that.

Does anyone understand why he would be so interested? Could it be that he desires to live in Spain one day? It puts me off when I find pictures of him with Spanish girls at parties and he detags himself, I feel like he would prefer a Spanish girlfriend.

man has a Spanish boyfriend on the sly, taking it up the Cadbury's canal

(Original post by ManDontCare)
    man has a Spanish boyfriend on the sly, taking it up the Cadbury's canal

He probably just likes the Language/Culture. Nothing wrong there. Maybe he's "cagey" because it's personal to him- I don't like talking about my interests- Mythology/SW. I don't think there's anything wrong with him-just you being suspicious (no offense).

Probably cagey because of ye olde 'seperation of church and state.'
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.