The Student Room Group

Male - chest waxing - White pimples / tender skin

Hello,

I have just had a wax done on my chest and abs. Immediately after it was sore (which I expected). However 3 days after, my chest/abs is still sore and have accumulated many white pimples all over my chest whist look disgusting and hurt.
Is there anything I can do to make this go down or anything I could've used before the wax to stop this happening?

Many thanks
You're supposed to exfoliate the skin before waxing.
Original post by Eternalflames
You're supposed to exfoliate the skin before waxing.

Oh right okay thanks! Is there anything you could think of to do after?
why not get laser hair removal? It lasts longer and it way less painful. :redface:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
why not get laser hair removal? It lasts longer and it way less painful. :redface:

Was thinking of that but it's way more expensive 😞👎🏽
Original post by RichardR21
Was thinking of that but it's way more expensive 😞👎🏽

Yeah, It may be a bit more expensive but it lasts longer + Think of the amount
of time you can save over a period of say 6 months say 30 mins/week = 2hours/month = 12 hours saved/6 months .... now lets say you work a job for those 12 hours you can easily cover the cost spent in those hours and perhaps have a bit of time to yourself = win win situation. :tongue:
Reply 6
Sorry to be gross, but could it ingrown hairs?

I'm not a male but I have been waxed in various places many times.

Exfoliate and moisturise with something gentle and calming the day before (e.g coconut oil) once you've had it done, just use the coconut oil for a few days after. Aloe vera also feels nice after a particularly painful wax, I also like baby oil. It feels nice af :smile:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Yeah, It may be a bit more expensive but it lasts longer + Think of the amount
of time you can save over a period of say 6 months say 30 mins/week = 2hours/month = 12 hours saved/6 months .... now lets say you work a job for those 12 hours you can easily cover the cost spent in those hours and perhaps have a bit of time to yourself = win win situation. :tongue:

That's very true I suppose?", never looked at it like that! But I go on holiday again in a month so it would have to be a wax as I am skint haha!
Original post by RichardR21
Oh right okay thanks! Is there anything you could think of to do after?

What Goaded said, keep the area moisturised.
Original post by Goaded
Sorry to be gross, but could it ingrown hairs?

I'm not a male but I have been waxed in various places many times.

Exfoliate and moisturise with something gentle and calming the day before (e.g coconut oil) once you've had it done, just use the coconut oil for a few days after. Aloe vera also feels nice after a particularly painful wax, I also like baby oil. It feels nice af :smile:

Yeah I've been using aloe Vera and baby oil after the wax but still got all these minging spots 4 day's later. Feel like I've caught the plague 😁 But thanks, I'll make sure I moisturise and exfoliate regularly before my next wax👍🏽

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending