Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Songwriting courses comparison- BIMM London, ICMP and ACM? 2016

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad course - waste of time? 17-10-2016

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and have recently decided to look into studying songwriting at a connected industry college. Seems like the above three are the best in London.

I would very much like a comparison of the degree courses, or even HE degrees if anyone has any experiences they'd like to share, for example module content, that'd be great!

I have already auditioned at BIMM London and have been recommended a place, but was a little put off by how much the assessor rushed me through it and didnt even both to listen to my songs all the way through, but perhaps this was just an off day. Bit worried though as I have seen some bad reviews on this place. I really liked it when I first visited though.

I'd like a course that allows me to brush up on my other instrumental skills too, whether through tutorials or non credit modules if necessary. It seems like BIMM doesnt give you much in the way of theory/aural too? How does that compare to ICMP?

Basically, I want to learn something and be worthwhile my time, but I also really want a place with excellent industry connections, and lots of opportunities.

I also saw that ACM metropolis does a Songwriting with Creative Artistry two year accelerated degree. This looks great, and as my second degree would be great as only 2 years . Has anyone taken this course? And does it go into depth of songwriting at all? Is it less connected with industry and other students, with only being that one course at that campus?

Many thanks!
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.