The Student Room Group

Is game of thrones as good as people say?

Im currently on season 1 but it doesnt seem exciting. Im not sure if the first season is boring because they need you to know the characters but im hoping it gets better. Other shows such as prison break or the vampire diaries have amazing season 1's but game of thrones is just so boring. I honestly need to know if it gets better. I want to be hooked on it but right now i feel like half the people that watch it only say its good because they are a bunch of followers! What are your thoughts???

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really enjoyed it. Have you considered reading the books?
It does. Wait till the Season 3. finale. The books are better though. The show dips in quality for the Fourth and Fifth season.
The books are, truly. They're some of the most beautiful pieces of literature I have ever read in my entire life. The TV show - meh, not so much (and yet I still devote my life to it).
Reply 4
Stick around, it will be worth it :biggrin:
Books better. how far in S1 are you, it starts to get much more interesting half way though. The finale of S1 is pretty good.
If you dont have patience then watch something else.

The TV series is excellent and the series maybe get even better. Some of the best TV made.

The reviews and audiences are massive and vert high ratings.
I've got a hunch itll be the same for me but everyone keeps telling me to watch it idk :redface: seems very drama-ry to me
Reply 7
The show is good. Some spectacular episodes. I hate to be that guy but the books are way better
The early episodes of each season are a bit dry, builds up more later in each season. Season 6 was quite disappointing in the earlier episodes but the last two were the best in the entire series.
GoT is crazy. Heads are chopped off, stimulation sex everywhere, and so many deaths, and that says a lot. I'm on S1E9. I thought GoT was going to be boring with knights and all that medieval stuff. Surprisingly, its good and has supernatural elements.

GoT speeds up very quickly. From the look GoT, its looks boring but when you actually get "into" it, it speeds up so quickly. Give a chance.
Definitely give it a chance, it does get better. I'm into season 2 now and I don't think it's lived up to the hype everyone's given it over all this time, for me at least, but I'm enjoying it still. It wasn't what I expected at all. When people hype up a TV show so much, just like they did with Breaking Bad, I always end up a little disappointed. You should stick with it a bit longer though. It is good.
Original post by sabrinaa1234
Im currently on season 1 but it doesnt seem exciting. Im not sure if the first season is boring because they need you to know the characters but im hoping it gets better. Other shows such as prison break or the vampire diaries have amazing season 1's but game of thrones is just so boring. I honestly need to know if it gets better. I want to be hooked on it but right now i feel like half the people that watch it only say its good because they are a bunch of followers! What are your thoughts???

It does get a lot better; Season 1 was quite ordinary but each season after that gets better. Just stick with it
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Definitely give it a chance, it does get better. I'm into season 2 now and I don't think it's lived up to the hype everyone's given it over all this time, for me at least, but I'm enjoying it still. It wasn't what I expected at all. When people hype up a TV show so much, just like they did with Breaking Bad, I always end up a little disappointed. You should stick with it a bit longer though. It is good.

If you're only on season 2, keep watching. Soon you'll understand, and by the time you get to the finale of season 6 you'll be completely blown away and shouting at the TV
Original post by Vikingninja
The early episodes of each season are a bit dry, builds up more later in each season. Season 6 was quite disappointing in the earlier episodes but the last two were the best in the entire series.

Agreed. The Battle of the Bastards was one of the best battle scenes we've ever had on TV or cinema (which is extremely impressive given TV has much smaller budgets than cinema). And the final episode... I think that's when Game of Thrones transcended the television medium and the source material
The first season is way more interesting when you've watched the whole series at least once, you get to see what it was like before the...chaos

I would recommend sticking with it, each season has a few brilliant episodes but season 3 and 4 are fairly spectacular.

Also episode 9 is always the most lit episode of any season

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending