The Student Room Group

Holiday Showdown Extreme

I just watched Holiday Showdown extreme (egypt v tenerife) and think that the Kent family's behaviour was just appalling. I understand that going to Egypt, particularly that part of Egypt which hasn't been 'glamorised' for the tourists isn't everyone's cup of tea but they could have been a bit more sensitive given the places they were visiting i.e. orphanages, mosques etc. They called the food, the people, the historical sites etc "****" everything was "****" to them and they insulted a whole country.

In terms of 'ideal holidays' im guessing more people would probably prefer a location like tenerife with it's beaches, clubs and pubs but I can understand where the Wilkinsons are coming from...there's not much culture involved. You can have a fry up for breakfast or a pub meal back in England any day. Also, I was NOT impressed with their binge drinking attitude. Surely there are ways to enjoy a holiday without having to consume copious amounts of alcohol?
Reply 1
I haven't watched it this year. All the bitchiness really annoys me.
I only saw the end, but in the few minutes I watched the chavvy family seemed absolutly horrible! Glad Im not in their family....

(I'd love to go to Egypt:biggrin: )

Latest

Trending

Trending